Business accounts and proxy

birdman

Business accounts and proxy

Post by birdman » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:20 am

I am looking to manage accounts for my clients. They are all over the USA. They post their own content and I am doing the engagement side of things for them.

I have a vps that I have logged all of my own accounts into and run them for a couple weeks now without any issues. I am not spamming or going crazy just making sure that there is engagement several hours of the day on each account.

I want to know if I need to set up proxies for each account or if I can run everyone's account from my VPS without any issues.

Please advise. Thank you!

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Business accounts and proxy

Post by martin@rootjazz » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:21 pm

birdman wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:20 am
I am looking to manage accounts for my clients. They are all over the USA. They post their own content and I am doing the engagement side of things for them.

I have a vps that I have logged all of my own accounts into and run them for a couple weeks now without any issues. I am not spamming or going crazy just making sure that there is engagement several hours of the day on each account.

I want to know if I need to set up proxies for each account or if I can run everyone's account from my VPS without any issues.

The fact you have been doing it already, would mean that there exists a footprint already. So any benefit of using proxies may already be void.

How many accounts are you talking here?
If it is working and you are going EASY, not hitting it hard, not annoying users, not spamming, not ruining the ISG experience for other users, not trying to push to the limits, then you might be ok.

But if you are planning on adding more and more accounts, I would advise proxies.

Also be aware of niches. For example if you have 5 clients in the baby day care centre industry, don't run those on the same IP as accounts that are in the BDSM adult industry. That can lead to issues. On this note, I would advise even greater separation just to avoid you making mistakes. Keep accounts with vastly different niches on separate instances, so there is no way to select the wrong account to wrong keyword

For some info on custom db instances, check the thread

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=874

birdman

Post by birdman » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:42 pm

Well that sucks. I am having trouble verifying one of my accounts currently. I added 2 accounts last night and verified with only minor trouble. Today though, I have gotten the code from the owner and then opened the mobile instance under the profile settings to input the code. The chrome browser allows me to use the account there. When I go to use the bot to test a quick like campaign it will not let the bot log in. It says login failed no matter how many times I get the code from the account owner for sms verification it will not let me then switch to using the bot.

When i used this method last night all I had to do was log in with the chrome browser input the code and voila. It worked. Not so much today. Am I missing something? Am I screwed?

Where should I look to get the appropriate proxy or vpn?

birdman

Post by birdman » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:37 pm

UPDATE: I had to ask the business owner to change the phone number on the account so we stopped going back and forth on the verification codes. I then found that they didn't have an email set up.

So I created a new gmail account and then verified with instagram the email.

Then I used gmails POP settings with that email in the bot and it logged in just fine! BOOOOM Problem solved.

birdman

Post by birdman » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:41 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:21 pm
birdman wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:20 am

The fact you have been doing it already, would mean that there exists a footprint already. So any benefit of using proxies may already be void.

How many accounts are you talking here?
If it is working and you are going EASY, not hitting it hard, not annoying users, not spamming, not ruining the ISG experience for other users, not trying to push to the limits, then you might be ok.

But if you are planning on adding more and more accounts, I would advise proxies.

Also be aware of niches. For example if you have 5 clients in the baby day care centre industry, don't run those on the same IP as accounts that are in the BDSM adult industry. That can lead to issues. On this note, I would advise even greater separation just to avoid you making mistakes. Keep accounts with vastly different niches on separate instances, so there is no way to select the wrong account to wrong keyword

For some info on custom db instances, check the thread

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=874
Thank you so much for your reply! I am attempting the quote feature for the first time so if it doesn't turn out right I apologize! Thanks again, this bot that you made is freaking amazing. I am so grateful for all of your hardwork.

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:29 pm

birdman wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:42 pm
Well that sucks. I am having trouble verifying one of my accounts currently. I added 2 accounts last night and verified with only minor trouble. Today though, I have gotten the code from the owner and then opened the mobile instance under the profile settings to input the code. The chrome browser allows me to use the account there. When I go to use the bot to test a quick like campaign it will not let the bot log in. It says login failed no matter how many times I get the code from the account owner for sms verification it will not let me then switch to using the bot.
Instead of doing browser login. Try ACCOUNTS tab > LOCAL SMS CODE SUBMIT

When i used this method last night all I had to do was log in with the chrome browser input the code and voila. It worked. Not so much today. Am I missing something? Am I screwed?
Things can vary per account. But submit your logs and I can take a better look, is hard to know for sure what is happening without logs
Where should I look to get the appropriate proxy or vpn?
Not a VPN, that would route everything on your machine through the VPN, so every account will still go through the same IP.

Proxies are what you want. I've used ninjaproxies before, they worked ok, other people use other places. Basically you need to test some proxies and find out what works for you. But you must make sure you get high quality proxies that are supposed to work on instagram, these will not be the cheap option

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:29 pm

you can submit logs via:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)