LIKE Latest # Post of User from File

superslikuzi

LIKE Latest # Post of User from File

Post by superslikuzi » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi, I would like to know how I can set up this action.

I have a file with a list of USER IDs. I want to like the latest X number of posts from each user in this file.

I tried to use the LIKE module but it only has an option for 'filepath of images'.
I tried to create a custom search, but it creates a separate process for each user ID and this causes InstaDub to crash.
I want to try and use the FOLLOW module, with the Pre-Actions set to LIKE User Media, but I do not want to follow these users.

--
EDIT - I messed around with the multi-search feature and came up with what I think is a solution. I enter the filepath to my list in the 'kw' section, and create a custom search with 'latest post of'.

Only 2 limitations:

1. I cannot like more than 1 post of that user, it only scrapes the latest post
2. I cannot specify how many actions I want the account to do. For example, I have a list with 1500 user IDs. I do not want to run the multi search on all 1500 IDs at once. I would like to set up an action that likes 300 every 8 hours. I don't see any way to do this currently.

My fix for now is just setting a high delay on each like action as it parses the entire list of 1500 user IDs and hope I do not get a block.

Any suggestions?

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: LIKE Latest # Post of User from File

Post by martin@rootjazz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:18 pm

I tried to use the LIKE module but it only has an option for 'filepath of images'
This should still work, the program will detect you have given the wrong type (user not image) and then scrape the most recent. Actual, with IDs it might not as there is not always a perfect way to assume an ID is user or media. You could try it with a sample of 2-3 user ID and let me know :)

Another way:

LIKE TAB

CUSTOM SEARCH
steps:
1) USER URL / ID
2) RECENT IMAGE

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:20 pm

oops I should have read all your message before replying :)
superslikuzi wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:11 pm

--
EDIT - I messed around with the multi-search feature and came up with what I think is a solution. I enter the filepath to my list in the 'kw' section, and create a custom search with 'latest post of'.

Only 2 limitations:

1. I cannot like more than 1 post of that user, it only scrapes the latest post
Change LATEST POST to USERFEED - double click USERFEED and specify how many items per feed you want

2. I cannot specify how many actions I want the account to do. For example, I have a list with 1500 user IDs. I do not want to run the multi search on all 1500 IDs at once. I would like to set up an action that likes 300 every 8 hours. I don't see any way to do this currently.
You're going to have to split your file into 5x300 files. This is because, ifyou set a MAX ITEMS, you will repeat the profile IDs in the file as the media items themselves will be logged as processed and not the line items.

Another way, would be to goto the SCRAPE TAB
Run a scrape to get X items per user user ID to a single file.
Then you could process this file of IMAGE IDs with a MAX ITEM = 300 repeat every X and the already processed items will be ignored

biagle

Post by biagle » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:19 am

do you get any followback from just likes?

ajaa

Post by ajaa » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:27 am

biagle wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:19 am
Hi biagle,

For me, I don't think likes is an excellent followback strategy. You may try to do follow+likes, and only follow whom followback, usually, a following/follower ratio > 1, will follow back, because people whom following less and have many followers won't follow you back just because of likes or follow.

Good luck.

superslikuzi

Post by superslikuzi » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:18 pm

Another way, would be to goto the SCRAPE TAB
Run a scrape to get X items per user user ID to a single file.
Then you could process this file of IMAGE IDs with a MAX ITEM = 300 repeat every X and the already processed items will be ignored
Yes this looks like it will work, thank you!

biagle wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:19 am
I have not really experimented using just likes, but my guess would be it would not be very effective for small or medium sized pages.

troyc

Post by troyc » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:37 pm

I got the Multi Search with USERFEED working (THANK YOU!), but have a followup question.

Can I modify the list of users in the original file I fed into it? Or do I have to create a new Multi Search and delete the old one?

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:01 pm

troyc wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:37 pm
I got the Multi Search with USERFEED working (THANK YOU!), but have a followup question.

Can I modify the list of users in the original file I fed into it? Or do I have to create a new Multi Search and delete the old one?
you're going to have to recreate the action

troyc

Post by troyc » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:35 am

I've been using this cool feature but have noticed something a little strange. When the Multi Search is running it seems to always look through at least the last 35 posts, which takes a long time with the pause between each one.

When setting up the MultiSearch with USERFEED, it has a "number of items/results" in a couple different places.
On the Multi Search screen, I've tried changing from 10 to 2
On the User Feed popup I've tried changing 0 to 5

I am trying to only search through the last 5 posts and like 2 of them, but I seem to be doing something wrong...

Any hints would be appreciated! Thanks!

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:58 pm

troyc wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:35 am
I've been using this cool feature but have noticed something a little strange. When the Multi Search is running it seems to always look through at least the last 35 posts, which takes a long time with the pause between each one.

When setting up the MultiSearch with USERFEED, it has a "number of items/results" in a couple different places.
On the Multi Search screen, I've tried changing from 10 to 2
On the User Feed popup I've tried changing 0 to 5

I am trying to only search through the last 5 posts and like 2 of them, but I seem to be doing something wrong...

Any hints would be appreciated! Thanks!
Firstly, can you please make a new thread for each issue. If at a future date I need to find your post to reply to, it would be easier to look for a thread titled: "multi search - userfeed amount issue", rather than "like latest post from file".

As to your issues, I would need the logs you saw that made you think there was an issue and full app logs
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

If you specified (5) results, the program will scrape a page of results (could be 10, could be 40, could be 100 - depends on the search) then loop those results, ignoring duplicates / filtered items, once it has the (5) it will stop.