*** What do you want from Instadub? ***

powerpath
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 2:42 pm

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by powerpath » Tue May 19, 2020 1:48 pm

Please could you set the accounts daily limits to automatically overwrite the max items for an action. E.g. if the max items for a follow action is 100 but the daily limit is 50, then the max items is automatically overwritten and set to 50.

I am asking for this because when scraping, accounts will waste time scraping more items than their daily limit, so by making the max items setting equal to the daily limit, you can prevent this.

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 25562
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by martin@rootjazz » Tue May 19, 2020 3:43 pm

powerpath wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:48 pm
Please could you set the accounts daily limits to automatically overwrite the max items for an action. E.g. if the max items for a follow action is 100 but the daily limit is 50, then the max items is automatically overwritten and set to 50.

I am asking for this because when scraping, accounts will waste time scraping more items than their daily limit, so by making the max items setting equal to the daily limit, you can prevent this.
Actions may last longer than a day. Actions may have more accounts, hence the ability to factor this in for your max_items in relation to daily limit.

If you don't want to scrape more than the daily limit allows, don't set it so high.

moorish
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by moorish » Tue May 26, 2020 11:58 pm

Hi Martin, is it possible to add the custom search "Scraped by" then choose a user name :!: :?: :?:

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 25562
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by martin@rootjazz » Wed May 27, 2020 2:00 pm

moorish wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:58 pm
Hi Martin, is it possible to add the custom search "Scraped by" then choose a user name :!: :?: :?:
I don't understand what you are asking. What function would this "scraped by" step perform?

moorish
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by moorish » Thu May 28, 2020 10:49 am

Sorry, what i mean is:
account A is our "scaping account", is scrapping list according to our setting.
Account B is our mean account, will perform an action on the list scrapped by account A.

Basically, the mean account won't perform scrapping action, but when setting a follow action for example, we will have the choice maybe via "Custom search" to choose a list scrapped by account A or any other "scrapping account"..

I think this would reduce blocks ban etc, and it's already implemented in other bot ...

I hope the idea is more clear now :)

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 25562
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by martin@rootjazz » Fri May 29, 2020 4:07 pm

moorish wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:49 am
Sorry, what i mean is:
account A is our "scaping account", is scrapping list according to our setting.
Account B is our mean account, will perform an action on the list scrapped by account A.

Basically, the mean account won't perform scrapping action, but when setting a follow action for example, we will have the choice maybe via "Custom search" to choose a list scrapped by account A or any other "scrapping account"..

I think this would reduce blocks ban etc, and it's already implemented in other bot ...

I hope the idea is more clear now :)
You can do this (sort of) by using the scrape tab to run teh scrape / filter. Then use the results files from the scrape action as input for your main action using the search dropdown to select FILEPATH / FROM LIST

riseNgrind
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:35 am

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by riseNgrind » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:23 am

I am trying to tag users in story, is this possible? It is not clear to me if this functionality exist. I see it for image posts

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 25562
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by martin@rootjazz » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:52 am

riseNgrind wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:23 am
I am trying to tag users in story, is this possible? It is not clear to me if this functionality exist. I see it for image posts
You won't see the tags in the post due to how IG handles tags on stories, but they are set and recorded by IG as such.

On the image tab, check the box for POST AS STORY, and then you can set the captions to include #tags or use AUTO TAGS to set the tags



Regards,
Martin

jaxon
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:46 pm

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by jaxon » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:01 pm

Hi

I'm a total noob in social media.

I spent some money on automated services. Other than it resulted to block my accounts several times due to bad configs etc, But the services had shut down due to Instagram's new changes or copyright issue cause they used Insta word in their bot names. (that's what those websites said.)

Now I found Instadub, watched some of the youtube videos and interested in using it to set up my own bot myself.

I want to know:

Does Instadub still work even with new Instagram changes? ( And what are the new changes anyway? I hear they are going to close down their old API or something?)

Does root jazz still support its software?

And will running Instadub results in any kind of account ban or block?

Thank you.

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 25562
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by martin@rootjazz » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:53 pm

jaxon wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:01 pm

Does Instadub still work even with new Instagram changes?
yes, but you cannot hit things as hard as you could
( And what are the new changes anyway?
Ig are better at bot detection

I hear they are going to close down their old API or something?)
Very very old news
Does root jazz still support its software?
yes, you can see the updates made over the years here:
https://rootjazz.com/instadub/updatetesting.html
And will running Instadub results in any kind of account ban or block?
Depends. Think of it, will carrying a knife get me arrested. Well if you are a chef and going to work no. If you go stab some people, then yes.

Same with the program.
But perhaps some basic information will help you make up your mind. The program does nothing that you couldn't do manually yourself (or pay an assistant to do for you

It just replicates actions you could perform in the phone app. It is not magic, nor a "hacking" tool. Just a "do these jobs I cannot be bothered to do".

With regards to getting your account banned. No the program doesn't get your account banned *you* do. The program does what *you* tell it to.

Tell it to spam and it will.
Tell it to annoy users and it will.
Tell it to manage your promotions carefully and it will.

Just the same as you can, by using your browser / phone, spam / annoy and get your account banned.

The program comes with protections to help novice users not get banned, by setting safe guards to limit what can be done in 24 hours periods, what can be done in a short time period. But you can disable these / change / modify as you see fit.



The program is not a one click solution like some other programs. It allows you to do any and everything you can think of. This is, in my opinion where it's strength come from. You are not limited to do what the bot allows you to do with in a rigid framework. You can think of new ways to use the program the developer (me) did not think of.
But with this power comes the possibility you do something stupid. Try and spam a 1000 users the same message within 5 minutes....

You have to think "what is normal behaviour". What are IG looking for (spammers / annoying users). They don't care if you fly under the radar and save yourself time. They care if you annoy users / drive them from the site and lower their bottom line.

The power of bots comes from setting up actions and let them work day in / day out slowly and steadily. Not going hard and fast.

Post Reply