*** What do you want from Instadub? ***

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by martin@rootjazz » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:48 pm

krypticlol wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:57 pm
Hey Martin & team,

A lot of cool features have rolled out recently and its difficult to keep track with regards to stories as Instagram is seeing so much activity going on within this feature. As such, I am curious to see if it is possible to post a story with an attached URL link for those users with accounts that have this feature enabled (10k+ followers).
No, not currently supported (no one ever asked for it, so I try not to spend time on not-requested features when there is a backlog of requested features).

Your suggestion has been noted and added to the feature suggestions list.

Cheerboatfun

Post by Cheerboatfun » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:45 pm

Hey Martin, in the user filter there are a bunch of 'Must include' (emails, url etc) can we have a filter that is "Must NOT include" or "Exclude profiles that have" ?

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:03 am

Cheerboatfun wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:45 pm
Hey Martin, in the user filter there are a bunch of 'Must include' (emails, url etc) can we have a filter that is "Must NOT include" or "Exclude profiles that have" ?
Why? Why would you want a result that does not have public email? Is it the particular contact method you don't want, or just NOT business pages? If so, you can ignore business pages already

Cheerboatfun

Post by Cheerboatfun » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:36 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:03 am
Cheerboatfun wrote:
Why? Why would you want a result that does not have public email? Is it the particular contact method you don't want, or just NOT business pages? If so, you can ignore business pages already
I'm to entirely sure that NOT having a public email means 100% that they are a business page (someone can correct me) I'm trying to target people that do not have emails or links in bio because they have a higher CHANCE of being an engaged follower that follows back. The ones that do have email and link probably are on their own path to grow and won't necessarily want to follow back.
How does the bot determine what page is a business page?

peter22

Post by peter22 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:49 pm

It would be great to have fluctuate Option on these Pre Actions :

Like User Media
Like Comments
Watch Stories

That you can set #Media to like to 5 and Set a fluctuate of 3 for example.

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:54 pm

Cheerboatfun wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:36 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:03 am
Cheerboatfun wrote:
I'm to entirely sure that NOT having a public email means 100% that they are a business page (someone can correct me) I'm trying to target people that do not have emails or links in bio because they have a higher CHANCE of being an engaged follower that follows back. The ones that do have email and link probably are on their own path to grow and won't necessarily want to follow back.

Only BUSINESS pages can specify a contact email / phone number. If is not a business page then 100% they do not have contact email. But business pages may choose not to provide a contact email.
I'm to entirely sure that NOT having a public email means 100% that they are a business page (someone can correct me) I'm trying to target people that do not have emails or links in bio because they have a higher CHANCE of being an engaged follower that follows back.
I believe there are many better metrics to check if a user is a good engager than no business email / bio email. If you have run tests and checked the data and have something to show me that conclusively shows this is the case, let me see it and I will consider it. Otherwise, honestly it just sounds like a random hypothesis.
The ones that do have email and link probably are on their own path to grow and won't necessarily want to follow back.
Again, "probably". Features don't get added for "probably". Get me some data and I will consider. People may put emails in for a variety of reasons. For examples, music producers / record labels are likely to do it because they want people to contact them and are likely to follow back other musicians. Granted there are instances to the contrary, which is why I would need data before doing this extra work.
ISG tells me :)

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:54 pm

peter22 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:49 pm
It would be great to have fluctuate Option on these Pre Actions :

Like User Media
Like Comments
Watch Stories

That you can set #Media to like to 5 and Set a fluctuate of 3 for example.
Your suggestion has been noted and added to the feature suggestions list. Depending on the demand for the change / feature will alter how quickly it gets implemented.

Cheerboatfun

Post by Cheerboatfun » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:07 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:54 pm
Got it. Point taken.

ajaa

Post by ajaa » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:45 am

Cheerboatfun wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:07 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote:
Got it. Point taken.
If you can see, an " Email" or " Call " Link at main profile page, then it's a business profile :D

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:56 pm

ajaa wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:45 am
Cheerboatfun wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:07 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote:

Got it. Point taken.
If you can see, an " Email" or " Call " Link at main profile page, then it's a business profile :D
No, is even simpler, there is a JSON property in the profile response

Code: Select all

is_business

is either true or false. So is a good indicator :)