*** What do you want from Instadub? ***

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 27408
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by martin@rootjazz » Thu May 06, 2021 3:43 pm

DanyWyzy wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:48 am
PRE ACTIONS "sort of" does that, does it not?
Pre actions work on the same search term.

What I mean (example):

Action 1 -> Follow the likers of Account X
Action 2 -> Like the followers of Account Y
Action 3 -> View the stories of noters of Account Z

Group these actions and randomize them:
every 20-60 sec
10-20 from Action 1
10-20 from Action 3
10-20 from Action 2
Ok, if you set multiple actions, set pause with big variation
10-180

the actions will process items randomly and not at the same time

DanyWyzy
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by DanyWyzy » Thu May 06, 2021 4:51 pm

Ok, if you set multiple actions, set pause with big variation
10-180

the actions will process items randomly and not at the same time
Ok, I'll try in this way, thank you for your suggestion!

DanyWyzy
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by DanyWyzy » Fri May 07, 2021 7:48 am

DanyWyzy wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:51 pm
Ok, if you set multiple actions, set pause with big variation
10-180

the actions will process items randomly and not at the same time
Ok, I'll try in this way, thank you for your suggestion!
Ok, I am testing this way.
My doubt that so every action continues simultaneously to do scraping to find the items based on the filters set.
Like or follow or whatever with the example settings 10-180 sec is definitely fine.
The problem I think is simultaneous scraping.

I would have to do the scraping first and set the actions to a.txt file but this would lose some functionality.

Your opinion?

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 27408
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by martin@rootjazz » Mon May 10, 2021 1:59 pm

DanyWyzy wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:48 am
DanyWyzy wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:51 pm
Ok, if you set multiple actions, set pause with big variation
10-180

the actions will process items randomly and not at the same time
Ok, I'll try in this way, thank you for your suggestion!
Ok, I am testing this way.
My doubt that so every action continues simultaneously to do scraping to find the items based on the filters set.
Like or follow or whatever with the example settings 10-180 sec is definitely fine.
The problem I think is simultaneous scraping.

I would have to do the scraping first and set the actions to a.txt file but this would lose some functionality.

Your opinion?
How long does the scraping part take?
IF 5 minutes, you could stagger the actions to start by 5 minutes

Takeaflick
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:24 pm

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by Takeaflick » Sat May 29, 2021 8:14 am

This is what I want to do:

1.) Post all images in a folder to my account
2.) Set the same caption for each image (basically all hashtags)
3.) Wait 2-2.5 hours between each post
4.) Only post 8 photos per day
5.) Take a random 4 hour break

This basically mimics exactly how I do manual posts on Instagram. This is the main function that I want to use Instadub for so if I could get some help setting this up I would greatly appreciate it.

Btw, the "Random Pause" function has a limit (I tried to set it to 7200 seconds.... didn't work). How do I bypass that limit and configure it so it doesn't pause at random but at specific intervals?

Edit:

Ok so I figured out how to set the number of seconds correctly... 7200-9000. I would still like to set it so that it waits 2-2.5 hours between absolutely every post (not randomly) and goes through a random 4 hour hibernation period

Takeaflick
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:24 pm

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by Takeaflick » Sat May 29, 2021 9:45 am

Ok. I think I almost figured it out. The processor is posting from the folder but the only thing is I got this error:

"A generic error occurred in GDI+"

and when I checked the raw log, it said that I had to choose a Uniquify option. I did that and it posted successfully. I went with 10% brightness because I didn't want to modify it too much but is there any reason why I have to choose a Uniquify option?

Right now the processor is in hibernation for the next 4 hours (14400 seconds) according to the log. I'm going to wait and see if it's going to go back to posting every 2 hours or 4 hours again. If it's the latter then I'll have to adjust the settings.

Image

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 27408
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sat May 29, 2021 7:16 pm

Hi, this thread is for suggestions, not support. In future, please create one thread per question /issue you have. Just helps to keep things in order

Takeaflick wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 8:14 am
This is what I want to do:

1.) Post all images in a folder to my account
2.) Set the same caption for each image (basically all hashtags)
3.) Wait 2-2.5 hours between each post
4.) Only post 8 photos per day
5.) Take a random 4 hour break
Two ways:

Select a folder
Set the captions
Set the random pause in seconds for 2-2.5 hours
Set the action limit = 8
Set account daily limit = 8
Repeat action every 4 hours

Btw, the "Random Pause" function has a limit (I tried to set it to 7200 seconds.... didn't work). How do I bypass that limit and configure it so it doesn't pause at random but at specific intervals?
Are you sure? I can set it much higher 9999999

. I would still like to set it so that it waits 2-2.5 hours between absolutely every post (not randomly)
set it 7200 - 9000
and goes through a random 4 hour hibernation period
Repeat action every 4 hours (after completed 8 posts)

Takeaflick wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:45 am
Ok. I think I almost figured it out. The processor is posting from the folder but the only thing is I got this error:

"A generic error occurred in GDI+"
Please send me the error text, without I cannot really do anything
and when I checked the raw log, it said that I had to choose a Uniquify option. I did that and it posted successfully. I went with 10% brightness because I didn't want to modify it too much but is there any reason why I have to choose a Uniquify option?

you shouldn't have to, log will help me understand what went rong
Right now the processor is in hibernation for the next 4 hours (14400 seconds) according to the log. I'm going to wait and see if it's going to go back to posting every 2 hours or 4 hours again. If it's the latter then I'll have to adjust the settings.
Not sure where this 14400 came from as you haven't mentioned that above. But a picture tells a 1000 words, so perhaps a screenshot of the POST IMAGES tab setup would help understand what you did / is happening


Regards,
Martin

Takeaflick
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:24 pm

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by Takeaflick » Mon May 31, 2021 4:23 am

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 7:16 pm
Hi, this thread is for suggestions, not support. In future, please create one thread per question /issue you have. Just helps to keep things in order

Takeaflick wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 8:14 am
This is what I want to do:

1.) Post all images in a folder to my account
2.) Set the same caption for each image (basically all hashtags)
3.) Wait 2-2.5 hours between each post
4.) Only post 8 photos per day
5.) Take a random 4 hour break
Two ways:

Select a folder
Set the captions
Set the random pause in seconds for 2-2.5 hours
Set the action limit = 8
Set account daily limit = 8
Repeat action every 4 hours


Not sure where this 14400 came from as you haven't mentioned that above. But a picture tells a 1000 words, so perhaps a screenshot of the POST IMAGES tab setup would help understand what you did / is happening


Regards,
Martin
Instadub has been auto-posting since yesterday with no issues so I think I pretty much figured it out. I posted a screenshot of the tab as well. You might have scrolled past it.

I pretty much did everything you said except I mixed these two steps up. I set the random pause to 3-4 hours and repeat action to 2 hours. I really wanted it the other way around.
Set the random pause in seconds for 2-2.5 hours
Repeat action every 4 hours
Since I'm not getting any action blocks, I'll keep things running the way they are.

Solidkey
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:35 pm

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by Solidkey » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:31 am

Hello guys, first i want to say Instadub is a very powerfull soft.
Some propositions :

-It should be cool to have auto-refresh of our accounts stats (followers/following/media)
-Option to push hashtag on posts in Bulk as easy as the bulk caption

maybe i'm wrong and noob and its already exist ? lol

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 27408
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by martin@rootjazz » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:37 pm

Solidkey wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:31 am
Hello guys, first i want to say Instadub is a very powerfull soft.
Some propositions :

-It should be cool to have auto-refresh of our accounts stats (followers/following/media)
In order for stats to update, the account has to login and check, it's not possible to just update with the account doing anything.

You can tell the program to check stats each time it does something or once every (n) hours via ACCOUNT DETAILS form or from the right click menu on the accounts list to bulk set.

OR you can set a STATS action to run every (x) hours which will also pull the stats and update the control
-Option to push hashtag on posts in Bulk as easy as the bulk caption

maybe i'm wrong and noob and its already exist ? lol
Not sure I understand, tags can be applied in the bulk caption, so if bulk caption is eash, then adding tags via bulk caption should also be easy.

Maybe some more details on what you mean / want to see / use will help me understand better


Regards,
Martin

Post Reply