*** What do you want from Instadub? ***

ajaa

Re: *** What do you want from Instadub? ***

Post by ajaa » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:55 am

Hello Martin,

When using rotating proxies, it would be great to not stop/fail an action if used the proxy is dead/offline/not-working/time-out, just using the concept of rotating proxies for few attempts. This way the action will resume immeditaly and no need to wait for repeat action. I dont know if this is easy to add. :)

Thanks

DanyWyzy

Post by DanyWyzy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:46 pm

ajaa wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:55 am
When using rotating proxies, it would be great to not stop/fail an action if used the proxy is dead/offline/not-working/time-out, just using the concept of rotating proxies for few attempts.
Now there are 5 "Reattempting request due to network issues". Each is about 8 seconds I think, then a wait of 40 sec total.
If your action read from a .txt list, when there is the connection problem, if the request time is greater than those 40 sec, only the request on that item fails and then passes the next item, the action is not stopped because that fail.

Maybe the problem is when an action scrapes something.

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:42 pm

ajaa wrote:
Hello Martin,
*groans* I was right in the other thread, my peace has ended :(
When using rotating proxies, it would be great to not stop/fail an action if used the proxy is dead/offline/not-working/time-out, just using the concept of rotating proxies for few attempts. This way the action will resume immeditaly and no need to wait for repeat action. I dont know if this is easy to add. :)

Thanks
The program should detect residential proxy failures (typically 5xx errors) and will retry for 30 seconds, every 5 seconds of so. Or it might be a minute.

ajaa

Post by ajaa » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:34 am

DanyWyzy wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:46 pm
ajaa wrote:
When using rotating proxies, it would be great to not stop/fail an action if used the proxy is dead/offline/not-working/time-out, just using the concept of rotating proxies for few attempts.
Now there are 5 "Reattempting request due to network issues". Each is about 8 seconds I think, then a wait of 40 sec total.
If your action read from a .txt list, when there is the connection problem, if the request time is greater than those 40 sec, only the request on that item fails and then passes the next item, the action is not stopped because that fail.

Maybe the problem is when an action scrapes something.
Yes I noticed reattempting but that on same proxy. So no change/rotate proxy from the proxy list. and the proxy fail can happen at any time beginning of action or during scrape or even when perform action after scrape.

ajaa

Post by ajaa » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:39 am

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:42 pm
ajaa wrote:
Hello Martin,

Thanks
The program should detect residential proxy failures (typically 5xx errors) and will retry for 30 seconds, every 5 seconds of so. Or it might be a minute.

That's correct, but it didn't change / try to rotate on proxy list during attempts? No point to try few seconds on a dead proxy for few minutes. So maybe better to rotate proxy and re attempt.

Regarding the peace, I learn during last months to watch the forum in silent mode, although I have incredible numbernof feature requests. At the end, I found working/accommodating as much as possible with existing feature is much better in terms of stability and no more headaches :D :lol:

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:52 pm

ajaa wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:39 am
martin@rootjazz wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:42 pm
ajaa wrote:
Hello Martin,

Thanks

That's correct, but it didn't change / try to rotate on proxy list during attempts? No point to try few seconds on a dead proxy for few minutes. So maybe better to rotate proxy and re attempt.
ah ok I misunderstood. I'll note the suggestion but is a big change at a low level which doesn't have any code for it at the moment. Don't your residential proxies realise the endpoint is down and re-route you to a different IP endpoint after (n) seconds /minutes?

Regarding the peace, I learn during last months to watch the forum in silent mode, although I have incredible numbernof feature requests.
lol, I knew it :)
At the end, I found working/accommodating as much as possible with existing feature is much better in terms of stability and no more headaches :D :lol:
:thumbsup:

Regards,
Martin

ajaa

Post by ajaa » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:35 am

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:52 pm

Don't your residential proxies realise the endpoint is down and re-route you to a different IP endpoint after (n) seconds /minutes?

I don't know but their prices are much reasonable compared to others. But their list of countries/cites sometimes gets this offline issues. Anyway thanks Martin, if it requires hard coding work, just forget it :D

But please don't forget the other issue of SINGLE CUSTOM PROCESSING VALUE..and multiple threads.. looks like it's dangerous by bypassing the setting of process one action per account when doing more threads simultaneously causing ISG to ban accounts.

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:26 pm

ajaa wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:35 am
martin@rootjazz wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:52 pm

Don't your residential proxies realise the endpoint is down and re-route you to a different IP endpoint after (n) seconds /minutes?

I don't know but their prices are much reasonable compared to others. But their list of countries/cites sometimes gets this offline issues. Anyway thanks Martin, if it requires hard coding work, just forget it :D
Automatic endpoint redirection is fairly standard in residential proxies. If can find out if they do and you just need the process to keep trying for longer than it does, I have a feeling there is a config you can set to make the program keep trying the endpoint for more time.

But please don't forget the other issue of SINGLE CUSTOM PROCESSING VALUE
Forget what? I posted how to do it, I'm sure (well I Can remember doing it) Or is there an issue?

..and multiple threads..
Don't know what you mean here. I have no recollection of a multiple thread issue. What post is it in? Or can you make a new "thread" :) on it
looks like it's dangerous by bypassing the setting of process one action per account when doing more threads simultaneously causing ISG to ban accounts.
Again, more details please. Can you explain what you do and what goes wrong

ajaa

Post by ajaa » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:58 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:26 pm

Don't know what you mean here. I have no recollection of a multiple thread issue. What post is it in? Or can you make a new "thread" :) on it
looks like it's dangerous by bypassing the setting of process one action per account when doing more threads simultaneously causing ISG to ban accounts.
Hi, the topic is already there but maybe you didnt see my reply there :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9419

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:07 pm

ajaa wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:58 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:26 pm

Hi, the topic is already there but maybe you didnt see my reply there :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9419
yes sorry missed reply, checking...