How do I Repost images from Older -> Newer ?

Post Reply
burnham
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 12:28 pm

How do I Repost images from Older -> Newer ?

Post by burnham »

I have a quotes page and want to make a backup account

I tried to use the Repost Images module but it reposted from New -> Old
User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 28462
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: How do I Repost images from Older -> Newer ?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

You are going to have to scrape the content from the SCRAPER tab -

CUSTOM SEARCH: USERFEED (or RECENT both do the same)

Then from the results file, reverse it. Then run a REPOST action on the file (search drop from FROM FILE). To reverse the file, you can find little utils online to do it, or download notepad++ with textfx extension it can reverse a file for you


Regards,
Martin
burnham
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 12:28 pm

Re: How do I Repost images from Older -> Newer ?

Post by burnham »

For some odd reason it reposts them randomly.

I figured a workaround though, I will use a 3rd account to flip the order.
User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 28462
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: How do I Repost images from Older -> Newer ?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

burnham wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:59 am For some odd reason it reposts them randomly.

I figured a workaround though, I will use a 3rd account to flip the order.
Let me check, there may be a randomise / alphabetical option to fix this
User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 28462
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: How do I Repost images from Older -> Newer ?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Ok, by default they are shuffled.

To NOT do this, use CUSTOM SEARCH.

the step:
MEDIA ID URL

On the other action search (dropdown FILE PATH) then you can edit this property via right click processing action (waiting status) > EDIT ACTION > BSHUFFLE = false



Regards,
Martin
ajaa
Posts: 2601
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:38 pm

Re: How do I Repost images from Older -> Newer ?

Post by ajaa »

The solution steps will do the task, but would be great if this done in one step using Repost tab itself.

I mean if you select to repost (N) items from an account, then it will repost starting from old to new as the way the original account is posting.
User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 28462
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: How do I Repost images from Older -> Newer ?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

ajaa wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:15 am The solution steps will do the task, but would be great if this done in one step using Repost tab itself.

I mean if you select to repost (N) items from an account, then it will repost starting from old to new as the way the original account is posting.
The problem is, it needs to scrape ALL posts from the account to get the oldest. That could be a HUGE amount of scraping, which a could cause a problem for the account, if the user wasn't expecting it.

There is no way to search "give me oldest posts from this profile"

So if you want ALL posts from an account, you have to do it explicitly. The idea is, if you are are creating a SCRAPER action to scrape 9999999999 posts from a profile, there is a realisation that it could be a big scrape.




Regards,
Martin
ajaa
Posts: 2601
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:38 pm

Re: How do I Repost images from Older -> Newer ?

Post by ajaa »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:03 pm
ajaa wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:15 am The solution steps will do the task, but would be great if this done in one step using Repost tab itself.

I mean if you select to repost (N) items from an account, then it will repost starting from old to new as the way the original account is posting.
The problem is, it needs to scrape ALL posts from the account to get the oldest. That could be a HUGE amount of scraping, which a could cause a problem for the account, if the user wasn't expecting it.

There is no way to search "give me oldest posts from this profile"

So if you want ALL posts from an account, you have to do it explicitly. The idea is, if you are are creating a SCRAPER action to scrape 9999999999 posts from a profile, there is a realisation that it could be a big scrape.




Regards,
Martin

Thanks Martin for explaination.

Its true if total posts is a high number.

l was thinking of this case.suppose account have 100 posts. you want to repost the 100 from old to new. then scrape as usual, but make an index, first scraped id100, last scraped n1, then repost that indexed from n1 to n100.

same thing if you only want to repost last 10 posts only from that 100 posts, so scrape as usual the last 10 with index from n10 to n1 then repost id1 to id10.

that was what i was thinking of.
User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 28462
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: How do I Repost images from Older -> Newer ?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

ajaa wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:06 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:03 pm
ajaa wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:15 am The solution steps will do the task, but would be great if this done in one step using Repost tab itself.

I mean if you select to repost (N) items from an account, then it will repost starting from old to new as the way the original account is posting.
The problem is, it needs to scrape ALL posts from the account to get the oldest. That could be a HUGE amount of scraping, which a could cause a problem for the account, if the user wasn't expecting it.

There is no way to search "give me oldest posts from this profile"

So if you want ALL posts from an account, you have to do it explicitly. The idea is, if you are are creating a SCRAPER action to scrape 9999999999 posts from a profile, there is a realisation that it could be a big scrape.




Regards,
Martin

Thanks Martin for explaination.

Its true if total posts is a high number.

l was thinking of this case.suppose account have 100 posts. you want to repost the 100 from old to new. then scrape as usual, but make an index, first scraped id100, last scraped n1, then repost that indexed from n1 to n100.

same thing if you only want to repost last 10 posts only from that 100 posts, so scrape as usual the last 10 with index from n10 to n1 then repost id1 to id10.

that was what i was thinking of.
well right now, no new features happening (send me an email, I'll explain). But if you really want it, well you know the drill. Just give me some breathing space before you start hassling me for new features :)

I'm also ignoring the "what do you want in instadub" thread, sorry. Not replied in it though so I can see there is outstanding posts that need my attention once I get some time / life sorted



Regards,
Martin
ajaa
Posts: 2601
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:38 pm

Re: How do I Repost images from Older -> Newer ?

Post by ajaa »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:11 pm
ajaa wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:06 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:03 pm

The problem is, it needs to scrape ALL posts from the account to get the oldest. That could be a HUGE amount of scraping, which a could cause a problem for the account, if the user wasn't expecting it.

There is no way to search "give me oldest posts from this profile"

So if you want ALL posts from an account, you have to do it explicitly. The idea is, if you are are creating a SCRAPER action to scrape 9999999999 posts from a profile, there is a realisation that it could be a big scrape.




Regards,
Martin

Thanks Martin for explaination.

Its true if total posts is a high number.

l was thinking of this case.suppose account have 100 posts. you want to repost the 100 from old to new. then scrape as usual, but make an index, first scraped id100, last scraped n1, then repost that indexed from n1 to n100.

same thing if you only want to repost last 10 posts only from that 100 posts, so scrape as usual the last 10 with index from n10 to n1 then repost id1 to id10.

that was what i was thinking of.
well right not, no new features happening (send me an email, I'll explain). But if you really want it, well you know the drill. Just give me some breathing space before you start hassling me for new features :)

I'm also ignoring the "what do you want in instadub" thread, sorry. Not replied in it though so I can see there is outstanding posts that need my attention once I get some time / life sorted



Regards,
Martin
Thanks Martin.

Currently, to be honest, I don't use it much. But I was hoping to have this idea in the past when things was working perfect with ISG. Now, kinda use it but not that much. But when I saw the same topic by another member of the forum, My old energy came back lol so I tried to get it known or added if it was an easy add.

I know you can do anything even the impossible lol but it requires hassling you until its done via all ports of communication. :)

Sure, if I need that urgent I will email you. And for the "what do you want from instadub", I really read you are busy these weeks as well as you just came from vacation, so that's why i put it in that thread, its really not that urgent feature. but whenever you have time, you can go through it and if i need it urgent, I will post it in a new topic, or via email.

I know you are doing all your best to answer all customers.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Post Reply