[BUG] Video Upload Posting Loop Created From Failed Posting Function Successfully Posting

bmanfacts

[BUG] Video Upload Posting Loop Created From Failed Posting Function Successfully Posting

Post by bmanfacts » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:07 pm

Hello Martin!

Here's my issue: A video posting function I run spams the posting profile of the content set in the folder (over 300 videos), when its only set to post once per day.

Settings:
I have a Video Posting Function set to run at X:XX Everyday.
Its set to post 1 Video, Tag a User, & Like the video after posting.

[On general software settings tab]: If the profile fails to post a caption or shows a block, its set to cancel the action.

What should happen is 1 video post should appear on my TL, a user is tagged in the video, and the posting profile likes the video.
And if this were to fail for some reason, the action would be cancelled to prevent any further damage.

Most times the posting function works, & the software failsafe is not needed. However, in recent weeks (and on multiple occasions), the posting function "fails to post" & tries again on another content piece in the folder. However, the account DOES POST when this happens despite what the logs say in real time. Since the software believes the Account failed to post, it attempts another as described, but with a new piece of content posted everytime it "fails." This happens again & again until IG blocks the account for spam or the set runs out of unique content.

Thus the three problems I dissect are:
1) The video post, for some reason, is "failing" to upload [Whether its an IG BUG, or otherwise]
2) The FAILED UPLOAD is SUCCESSFULLY UPLOADED, but the Program doesn't see that & SUCCESSFULLY UPLOADS another attempt which it "FAILS."
2) The Cancel failsafe (in the general softeware settings) doesn't happen when it registers a FAILED UPLOAD, so this pattern REPEATS until the Account is BLOCKED, the action is cancelled in time, or runs out of unique content (if *Unique Uploads Only is enabled) as the logs will show you its pattern.

I reached out now because this happened several times within the last 2-3 weeks in the exact same fashion.
And looking back, this is similar to the following issues shared:
About Posting Loop BUG: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9663
About Upload Video Function Uploading more than Settings Allowed: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9613

I sent Logs
ID: 60905

Search for the following without the quote marks to shortcut finding to the problematic function: "YOU ARE GUIDED HERE"

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: [BUG] Video Upload Posting Loop Created From Failed Posting Function Successfully Posting

Post by martin@rootjazz » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:00 pm

https://i.instagram.com/api/v1/media/configure/?video=1
{"message":"feedback_required","spam":true,"feedback_title":"Try Again Later","feedback_message":"We restrict certain activity to protect our community.","feedback_url":"repute/report_problem/instagram_tag_users/?violation_type\u0026responsible_policy=Ig.Policy.Engagement.TallyCluster.IPSpacesTagUsersOver90Percent50","feedback_appeal_label":"Tell us","feedback_ignore_label":"OK","feedback_action":"report_problem","category":"instagram_tag_users","status":"fail"}
ig_sig_key_version : 4
This is the issue, IG are returning this response, 400 - request failed, with a warning message. The program has to assume this is a failed response and the post did NOT go through - but you are saying it did.

Seems like IG issue allowing it through.

But the program SHOULD detect this type of warning and block your account locally and not retry. I'll check on this, but there isn't anything I can do if IG response is "failed" and they accept it

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: [BUG] Video Upload Posting Loop Created From Failed Posting Function Successfully Posting

Post by martin@rootjazz » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:19 pm

Next update will detect the error response and block locally, so will not allow account to post subsequent videos.

The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin

bmanfacts

Post by bmanfacts » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:32 am

Please do, It happened again today. Not too pleasant effects of it happening again.
Thanks

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:31 pm

bmanfacts wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:32 am
Please do, It happened again today. Not too pleasant effects of it happening again.
Thanks
Pretty sure the update was uploaded, but I will be uploading another version today so will let you know. Sorry for lack of notice / delay

bmanfacts

Post by bmanfacts » Fri May 07, 2021 12:47 am

Hello Martin.

So after updating the software it happened again after a few days.
Same deal, as the OP. It is showing it Failed, but attempts again.

Same settings, same everything.

Sent logs again to reflect this (of the last day since it happened today)

Log Id: 38047
Search for the following without the quote marks to shortcut finding to the problematic function: "YOU ARE GUIDED HERE"

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Fri May 07, 2021 12:29 pm

I'll check. Got to go out today, kid's have Drs appointment in the city, so will be gone most the day. But will look when I get back, but will be most likely end of the day

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Mon May 10, 2021 5:46 pm

The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin