username/Pw residential proxies not working

soundclouder

username/Pw residential proxies not working

Post by soundclouder »

I have changed my proxy provider and now have (sticky) residential proxies with username/password and they don't work with instadub. I have used the IP:PORT:UN:PW format and the proxies validate inside instadub and they work on a normal browser and the account also works fine with different proxies, just when I switch to these specific ones, it can't login, not even manually with chrome. maybe the un/pw is too long?

they look like this:
proxy.provider.com:7200:country-us-region-ca-session-xxxxxxxxxxxadsfd843799fa1634e31068eb9:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxc8

I have used residential proxies like this before in instadub without problem, just without un/pw method.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: username/Pw residential proxies not working

Post by martin@rootjazz »

soundclouder wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:33 am it can't login, not even manually with chrome. maybe the un/pw is too long?
IF they don't work in chrome, then it's something with the proxies, contact the provider and say they don't work in the browser.
soundclouder

Post by soundclouder »

They only don't work in the chrome started by Instadub, they proxies work in a normal chrome and in firefox - that's the problem.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ahh ok. Sorry my misunderstanding

Can instadub use the proxies normally? For normal (non-browser) actions? Or can the proxies not work in instadub at all?
soundclouder

Post by soundclouder »

No, instadub can't use these proxies at all, all I get is errors... although I got ONE time out of 100 where it worked strangely enough.
Please note these proxies work everywhere else, even in the bots I wrote myself, using CEF Chrome browser and firefox.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

soundclouder wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:10 am No, instadub can't use these proxies at all, all I get is errors... although I got ONE time out of 100 where it worked strangely enough.
Please note these proxies work everywhere else, even in the bots I wrote myself, using CEF Chrome browser and firefox.
May I test an account with the proxy? That would be the quickest / easiest way to resolve this.

If so, send details to my email:

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com

Regards,
Martin