How to read account cookies and what are the columns in export file?

rhoff

How to read account cookies and what are the columns in export file?

Post by rhoff »

Hello, I have 2 questions I'd like to ask:

1- I'm trying to read the cookies associated with an account, but they are in .bin format. How can I read them?
I've tried to open them on notepad and VS code, but I get random characters. Ultimately, I would like them in .txt format.
Just in case, I got these from C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Instadub\database\DbCookies

2- When I click the 'export' button below the table of accounts, I get a text file with info. What do the different columns represent?

Thank you very much in advance!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: How to read account cookies and what are the columns in export file?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

rhoff wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:35 pm Hello, I have 2 questions I'd like to ask:

1- I'm trying to read the cookies associated with an account, but they are in .bin format. How can I read them?
I've tried to open them on notepad and VS code, but I get random characters. Ultimately, I would like them in .txt format.
Just in case, I got these from C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Instadub\database\DbCookies
You cannot not. These are not intended to be human readable
2- When I click the 'export' button below the table of accounts, I get a text file with info. What do the different columns represent?
It's all the details the program has on the account for export > import back to instadub. Again it's not really supposed to be human read - hence no titles. As to what it all means, I don't know and would have to pick it out from the code. Any reason for it?

If you just want cookies, I'll add something which will allow you to export the cookies from accounts to a human readable form for next update

Regards,
Martin
rhoff

Post by rhoff »

Got it, thank you! I was trying to see if I could import an account into another program, but no worries.
martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:08 pm If you just want cookies, I'll add something which will allow you to export the cookies from accounts to a human readable form for next update
No need to add right now though, I'm not 100% sure that the cookies need to be human readable. I can follow up and let you know if they do later :D
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

rhoff wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:46 pm Got it, thank you! I was trying to see if I could import an account into another program, but no worries.

The problem here is there is no universal way of exporting cookies, sometimes it's JSON, sometimes its base64(json) sometimes it is a custom form for CSV.

What we have to do is, when someone wants to import other cookies into our program we need to review the cookies then add custom import routines.

The cookies in our export file are for us to import, the format is weird I used tbh, but as it was just to export > reimport it doesn't matter.

So if you want a more usable form, just let me know, it will be a 5 minute job to add support for it

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I added it anyway.

right click > export cookies

one file per username
<username>.txt

and have a JSON cookie string
rhoff

Post by rhoff »

Thank you!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Forgot to send link incase you wanted it

https://rootjazz.com/instadub/updatetesting.html

check accounts > right click > EXPORT COOKIES

Regards,
Martin