Web browser fix possible?

nicoquint

Web browser fix possible?

Post by nicoquint » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:54 pm

Hey Martín, sorry to bother with this issue again. I made a post a while ago around an issue with the web browser and multiple instances opening with no reason. I sent you a log but in your response it appears to me that you know about this issue and that maybe is not fixable. Did you have the time to take a look at it? I know it's not a deal breaker, but right now I'm using quite a lot of instances of chrome only beacause of the settings I need, and this issue puts some pressure on my CPU.

If it helps, the log I submited was the number 91625 and the process where the issue happened was a search follow on filepath for the account @adriwhite.

Thank you!

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Web browser fix possible?

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:20 pm

Apologies for delay getting back to you. I'll take a look at this tomorrow (monday)

Regards,
Martin

nicoquint

Post by nicoquint » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:26 pm

Amazing! Thank you!

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:25 pm

Logs indicating you have 2 browser threads specified, can you set this back to 1 and see if that helps.

Logs don't really give any information why you end up with multiples, so we need to try a process of elimination to see what may be causing it and then take it one step at a time and try and hone in on what it could be.

Regards,
Martin

nicoquint

Post by nicoquint » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:54 pm

Yes. I have two browser threds con settings and two processes running at a time.

If I create an instance of the Instadub with one browser thred and test it for a week, does it helps?

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:25 pm

Maybe yes / may be no. We shall see after your tests :)

nicoquint

Post by nicoquint » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:03 pm

Ok! I will pay attention to the bot. As soon as the issue happens I will try to detail everything and get back to you. I will also try a single thread to see if that fixes the issue

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:42 pm

nicoquint wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:03 pm
I will also try a single thread to see if that fixes the issue
to be clear, it won't "fix" the issue, it just may not "show" the issue. This will tell us, whether the issue is due to trying to run more than 1 thread. So it is the browser thread controller code having issues. By trying to keep browsers open, the connection can be lost, so the browser is open, but the program cannot access it, thus it has to open again .Doesn't happen here, but could be something on your machine closing the connection.

But let me know how the test goes, it will at least give us slightly more information to try and figure it out

Regards,
Martin

nicoquint

Post by nicoquint » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:23 am

If that's the case, this should be an issue on my part. I detected it live on my monitor. I have a 3g mobile proxy refreshing every 5 minutes. With that set up, I'm able to run up to 4 accounts with minor issues and two accounts with no issues. So far, so good.

But sometimes, not even often but once a day maybe, when some process starts and no connection is available, the bot fails on performing the action, waits for the assigned amount of time and opens a new tab. In that new tab the bot stands still, it does not opens instagram, so it fails again. Maybe if the bot opens this new tab and then instagram again, it would go through, but it does nothing.

Can I do something on settings to fix this? Like configure to bot to retry the action if it has no connection?

In addition to that, I have the log of this specific operation y described, if it helps. Thank you!

nicoquint

Post by nicoquint » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:25 am

Adding to this: If I close all the tabs of that particular user, the next time the bot starts a new cycle, it works just fine. Maybe if this happens the bot can close the windows automatically? Thanks!