Spotify Bot?

Random topics about any and everything
mark

Spotify Bot?

Post by mark »

Hello everyone, this is going specifically to the staff. Have you guys thought about making a Spotify bot? It'd be really helpful.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Spotify Bot?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

A spotify bot is not going to happen, sorry.

Boosting plays in order to get paid is fraud and is illegal. Even if your intention is not to defraud, just increase exposure it doesn't matter - it is fraud.

Fake plays for pay is fraud and the law is clear: it is illegal. As an application developer, I am liable for facilitating fraud by building a program with the intention to defraud.

Automating a website to boost your stats is not illegal - perhaps it could be argued to be unethical - fine some people may say that - I think if done correctly is a valid and effective promotional technique. Every one can make up their own mind to use automation programs for legal purposes, we do not condone nor will tolerate illegal behaviour.

Regards,
Martin

Legal Disclaimer:
---------------------

Please see the Terms of License: https://rootjazz.com/license.html

I have copied the relevant section here:

By purchasing the software you agree that you will not use the software for any illegal activities based on the law of your country. For more information on the laws of your country you are advised to seek legal advice, we cannot nor will give legal advice. The software is sold in good faith and for legal promotional methods only. If we suspect you are, or intend to use the program for illegal / fraudulent activities your license will be deactivated immediately with no refund.

---------------------

<thread locked to avoid further discussion>