All in one solution?

Random topics about any and everything
lsberic

All in one solution?

Post by lsberic »

Is there a chance you will bundle all your bot products (for instagram, soundcloud and twitter) into one product?

Also, can multiple programs work well running together (instadub and twitterdub for example)? Is there a discount for purchasing more than one?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: All in one solution?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

lsberic wrote:Is there a chance you will bundle all your bot products (for instagram, soundcloud and twitter) into one product?
No. If you want to purchase multiple programs, I can do you bulk discounts, the more you purchase at one time, the bigger the discount
Also, can multiple programs work well running together (instadub and twitterdub for example)?
In what ways do you mean? Let me know what you are wanting to do - it might be possible. If not, we can try and work something out how they can work together

Is there a discount for purchasing more than one?
Sure, send me an email:

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
and let me know which programs you are interested in and can do you a special discount price

Regards,
Martin
lsberic

Post by lsberic »

In what ways do you mean? Let me know what you are wanting to do - it might be possible. If not, we can try and work something out how they can work together
Primarily in resources. I have instadub and I am thinking about getting twitterdub, but the machine insta is working on does not have a ton of resources to spare. If was running instadub and twitterdub together, how much ram and processor power would be needed for things to run smoothly?

For updating twitter and instagram accounts, what would be ideal is having an all in one solution so that I could set the one program to run and update accounts from both social media profiles with the same images, videos, captions, etc.

Both twitter and instagram appear to have so many similar aspects in that they do video, images, they use hashtags and they do captions it would seem like a logical fit.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

lsberic wrote:
Primarily in resources. I have instadub and I am thinking about getting twitterdub, but the machine insta is working on does not have a ton of resources to spare. If was running instadub and twitterdub together, how much ram and processor power would be needed for things to run smoothly?
Depends what you want to do really. The program doing nothing doesn't use so much RAM, but if you max it out with many actions and accounts then it can use a lot...
For updating twitter and instagram accounts, what would be ideal is having an all in one solution so that I could set the one program to run and update accounts from both social media profiles with the same images, videos, captions, etc.
This isn't really going to be possible as things stand currently and getting something to work across networks is going to be a big undertaking. I'll have a think if anything can be done to improve interopabilty
lsberic

Post by lsberic »

This isn't really going to be possible as things stand currently and getting something to work across networks is going to be a big undertaking. I'll have a think if anything can be done to improve interopabilty
Ok. Just a thought. Perhaps if there were some way, some intermediary locally, that could talk to the two systems that are running on the same client machine, then users could enter their commands into that program and it would load in both machine.

Or... we have watch folders. I know instadub does, not sure about twitterdub. Is there a way to have the two programs watch the same folder (and even sub folders) so the user can place text files, pictures,videos in that watch folder(s) and both programs can implement the same actions based on what has been added to the watch folder?

For instance have a txt file that has hastags. Another text file that has caption information (For captions - the name of the txt file would have to match the name of the image or video file (test.jpg or test.avi and test.txt)). Another has video. Another has pictures. Another has usernames, etc.

Or have a root directory that has sub directories images, hashtags, videos, follows, captions, etc. Users can then load the directories with the appropriate contents.

Then both twitterdub or instadub could run actions based on what has been added to the watch folders.

Is this a feature that already exists?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

lsberic wrote:
Ok. Just a thought. Perhaps if there were some way, some intermediary locally, that could talk to the two systems that are running on the same client machine, then users could enter their commands into that program and it would load in both machine.

Or... we have watch folders. I know instadub does, not sure about twitterdub. Is there a way to have the two programs watch the same folder (and even sub folders) so the user can place text files, pictures,videos in that watch folder(s) and both programs can implement the same actions based on what has been added to the watch folder?
The idea would be to watch a folder, then on completion move to the next watch folder

For instance have a txt file that has hastags. Another text file that has caption information (For captions - the name of the txt file would have to match the name of the image or video file (test.jpg or test.avi and test.txt)). Another has video. Another has pictures. Another has usernames, etc.

Or have a root directory that has sub directories images, hashtags, videos, follows, captions, etc. Users can then load the directories with the appropriate contents.

Then both twitterdub or instadub could run actions based on what has been added to the watch folders.

Is this a feature that already exists?
no. It is something that would need to be added. Up until now there has been no demand for more advanced automation. Infact things are moving in the other direction, people want more specific controls over each action. Specific captions / text for images, specific upload times. Originally things were done in bulk, but seems like less demand for that and more controlled methods...