I found some of my instrumentals on a different SoundCloud profile

Random topics about any and everything
JasperJones

I found some of my instrumentals on a different SoundCloud profile

Post by JasperJones »

Hey Martin,

I was browsing through SoundCloud today and found some of my instrumentals uploaded on a different profile that I have no idea who it is. They don't seem to be selling them (as I can see) and I contacted them directly to take them down. What scares me is I have no idea how they were able to get them untagged. MyFlashStore (beat selling platform) I used to use had issues as they play the tag over the instrumental and not actually put into the music file (I switched to a different platform that does).

I contacted SoundCloud as well, will they even do anything about this? Force that user to take them down.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: I found some of my instrumentals on a different SoundCloud profile

Post by martin@rootjazz »

so you think someone managed to rip your tracks from the beat selling service you used as their system was badly implemented in letting users listen to the track. Or perhaps they bought it?

Eitherway, they have uploaded your track to soundcloud. Only way is to contact soundcloud. Probably easier said than done. But maybe they have a legal address you can get in contact with which might get a swifter reply than the normal address.

Be best if you could get a lawyer to send a DMCA or some other legal document, as they have to, by law abide by those. (I know DMCA is US based, but am sure there is something for Europe similar)