Bug in Share Tracks to Group function

Random topics about any and everything
navigator7477

Bug in Share Tracks to Group function

Post by navigator7477 »

When you set up sharing of a track to your groups and select HOURLY SHARE and choose number of hours in the # Hours Share dropdown (I chose "8"), the log indicates that the application interprets '8' to mean the number of days instead of hours - in my case the log reads "Total days to share: 8".
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Bug in Share Tracks to Group function

Post by martin@rootjazz »

There was a bug with this, but was fixed. What version are you on
HELP > ABOUT

It should all be fixed in the latest version
http://soundcloudmanager.com/updatetesting.html
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Just noticed that the radio button HOURS / DAYS does not come pre checked. One of these options MUST be checked for the app to work correctly. This will be fixed for next update
navigator7477

Post by navigator7477 »

TWO THINGS:
1. I could swear that when the app starts it says 1.2.8.7 but when I go to About menu it says 1.2.8.4... I can't restart the app right now to see the orange startup dialog because it is performing some heavy work right now. In case this helps, my version was downloaded on OCT 23.
2. In my case the "no button selected" was not a problem. I did have one radio button selected.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The latest version is about 1.298

The splash screen and the ABOUT screen, all read from the same number, so I would be surprised if they were not the same
navigator7477

Post by navigator7477 »

Need an update for sure. Thanks / it's been only a week since I got the product, and I didn't realize how quickly things can change, especially with the new V2 features on the site.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I maintain two version.
* Stable
* Testing

The names may be a bit deceiving. Stable does not necessarily mean less bugs. Just that the bugs are known to not be serious.

When bugs are reported, they are fixed and a testing version is released to users who want to get the latest version and the user who reported the problem. If the bug was fixed. Testing will be more "stable" than the stable version. However, the possibility exists that the fix introduced new bugs. This is always a risk when the source code is modified. Although checks are carried out here, the risk exists, hence all fixes go go testing for at least a week before the testing version becomes the new Stable version.

Also, all new features are added to Testing. As new features are added every few days, the testing version doesn't always last a week before a new version is released. Hence the Stable version can end up quite a way behind Testing.

If you want to be notified of new Testing release, you can select
HELP > UPDATE > AUTOUPDATE TESTING

This means that when the app loads, rather than check for a new Stable version (and notify you if so) it will check for a new Testing version and notify you if so.