Scraping users accordingly to a search term

General discussions regarding Reverbnation Bot
SoundForSoul

Scraping users accordingly to a search term

Post by SoundForSoul »

On the reverbnation website, I could search for "adele cover" and got this: " More than 500 Songs matching adele cover"
I really couldn't find such a feature in the Reverbnation bot. How could I grab the users that meet a certain keyword?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Scraping users accordingly to a search term

Post by martin@rootjazz »

BECOME A FAN tab
USER SEARCH box

Although it was broken, RVN had updated it and I wasn't aware. Fixed now, upload in a bit
SoundForSoul

Post by SoundForSoul »

Thanks for such a fast answer!

While trying for the first time, I got this error: "* Process failed: Exception of type 'LibProcessing.ExActionFailed' was thrown. - Bad login details / Account banned", then I realised that while importing the users, for some reason, the bot didn't respect the rule, so I have manually edit it and it was ok.

Then, while trying to become their fan, I got this error: " couldn't find success text after become fan: http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/beco ... _fan_reach
* Failed to fan: " Subbmitted logs with id 44028.

Anyway, I was thinking to first scrape some users, then scrape for their email, without becoming their fan. Is this possible ?

For those that didn't have an email to scrape, I could send a spintaxed question /comment, as it is possible in the browser, even without becoming their fan, but a captcha service is needed, (captcha is needed anyway, even when you are a fan of that person).

Thanks!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

then I realised that while importing the users, for some reason, the bot didn't respect the rule
Can you send me an example of the lines used to import users. Just a single line will do, to check exactly what you are passing in and what is happening

Then, while trying to become their fan, I got this error: " couldn't find success text after become fan: http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/beco ... _fan_reach
checking

Anyway, I was thinking to first scrape some users, then scrape for their email, without becoming their fan. Is this possible ?
No, not at the moment, scrape users isn' ton the scrape tab. Not sure why not, must have just forgot / missed it

For those that didn't have an email to scrape, I could send a spintaxed question /comment, as it is possible in the browser, even without becoming their fan, but a captcha service is needed, (captcha is needed anyway, even when you are a fan of that person).
This wouldn't be possible, there is no output of users which did not have an email in the bio
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

become fan routine updated due to RVN changes, new version ready soon
SoundForSoul

Post by SoundForSoul »

martin@rootjazz wrote:
then I realised that while importing the users, for some reason, the bot didn't respect the rule
Can you send me an example of the lines used to import users. Just a single line will do, to check exactly what you are passing in and what is happening
Will send it via email asap
checking

ok, standing by for confirmation, thanks!
No, not at the moment, scrape users isn' ton the scrape tab. Not sure why not, must have just forgot / missed it

Any idea when this will be fixed ?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

SoundForSoul

Post by SoundForSoul »

martin@rootjazz wrote:http://rootjazz.com/reverbnation/download.html
Regards,
Martin
Thanks! Now the fan process is working.

Any news about the possibility of scraping for user matching a certain keyword and then scraping for their email ?

Thank you!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Is on the todo list. Remind me early next week. Have a bit of a backlog on, so new features on the backburner for the next few days