RVN 2captcha CAPTCHA_NOT_READY

General discussions regarding Reverbnation Bot
jazz-from-hell

RVN 2captcha CAPTCHA_NOT_READY

Post by jazz-from-hell »

Hi,

I've encountered an issue with RVN bot latest version v1.4.2.5. When it tries to sign in, it waits indefinitely for captcha solving, logging "CAPTCHA_NOT_READY" a few times before failing. This started a couple of weeks ago (it was working fine until then).

I've made sure my 2captcha account is working and has positive balance and also re-entered my 2captcha api key into RVN bot to be on the safe side. It didn't help.

Submitted log ID 21386.

Thanks.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: RVN 2captcha CAPTCHA_NOT_READY

Post by martin@rootjazz »

"captcha_not_ready" just means 2captcha haven't solved it yet.

From your logs, the captcha isn't the issue
{"base":["Unable to verify you are not a robot, please try again."]}
{"base":["As a security precaution, we have reset your ReverbNation password.
Seems RVN have changed their login form.

Will have to have a look to what they have done how / whether it is possible to automate

Regards,
Martin
jazz-from-hell

Post by jazz-from-hell »

Thanks Martin, please keep me posted.
jazz-from-hell

Post by jazz-from-hell »

@martin@rootjazz

I was able to figure it out. RVN did some changes to the login, but I didn't see them before because they didn't expire any existing cookies. They hardened the password requirements so I had to choose a new one, they also ask for a phone (for recovery, not 2FA). What could affect RVN bot however is if you have more than one profile connected to the account, such as an Artist and a Musician profile - in such case they ask you to choose which profile you want to use before logging in. If not having multiple profiles everything still works.

Hope this helps.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Thanks for the update and my apologies for the delay looking into this

I was just about to look into this issue today as had some more important updates to make (I'll be honest, RVN isn't a high priority, it doesn't sell and hasn't for a long while, but it requires minimal updates to keep working so I keep it going for old times sake (was our 2nd released program).

But if updates are required for the programs that do sell, they have to take priority, because if the selling programs stop selling, then there is no business to keep sustaining any programs.

Glad you figured it out :-)