Unfan fails "Couldn't get artist id"

Support forum for Reverbnation Bot
jazz-from-hell

Re: Unfan fails "Couldn't get artist id"

Post by jazz-from-hell »

Hi Martin, any news on this? I have updated to the latest version as requested in email and the problem still persists. I have sent you the new logs on the 29th of April, ID: 50801
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

jazz-from-hell wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:07 pm Hi Martin, any news on this? I have updated to the latest version as requested in email and the problem still persists. I have sent you the new logs on the 29th of April, ID: 50801
Apologies, logs cleared out from server, can you resend
jazz-from-hell

Post by jazz-from-hell »

Logs ID 97673 - there are a few Fan actions since so look up the latest Unfan action.
Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Hi,

I am sure I emailed you this, but I don't seem to have heard back from you so perhaps it wasn't received.

The logs you sent did NOT contain any UNFAN actions, can you perform an unfan and then resubmit

Regards,
Martin
jazz-from-hell

Post by jazz-from-hell »

Submitted logs ID: 31048
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

07:44:58: Get Artist ID: https://www.reverbnation.com/<email>
07:44:58: -1

07:44:58: * Process failed: Exception of type 'LibProcessing.ExActionFailed' was thrown. - Couldn't get artist id
can you check the details of the account, the program is trying to build the PROFILE URL from your email! Make sure you have entered username and email into correct boxes and all data is filled in.

Regards,
Martin
jazz-from-hell

Post by jazz-from-hell »

Thanks Martin - turns out it was indeed defined with the email in the username. The strange thing is that I always used the account like that and ran unfan actions successfully many times before...
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

jazz-from-hell wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:29 am Thanks Martin - turns out it was indeed defined with the email in the username. The strange thing is that I always used the account like that and ran unfan actions successfully many times before...
then either

a) you changed it and don't remember (doesn't make sense you would)
b) Or the program did. But that also doesn't make sense as I haven't changed the program and dont' think I would do that.

But lets be honest (b) is more likely. So please keep an eye on things. If it changed once, it could change again. If it does let me know and I'll check the code. I must have tried to fix something and then caused this without realising and don't remember.
jazz-from-hell

Post by jazz-from-hell »

There's a third option. RVN itself honored using the email as the username and it doesn't anymore.
Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

jazz-from-hell wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:25 pm There's a third option. RVN itself honored using the email as the username and it doesn't anymore.
Thanks
Possibly, but still, more likely I did something lol :lol: