InstaDUB > Removing # Tags In Scrape Images

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to any of our other products
dtch

InstaDUB > Removing # Tags In Scrape Images

Post by dtch »

I'm scraping images from a user in IG which I will be reposting to my own accounts.
But I notice that the images are scraped with hashtags and mentions in the captions.

Is there a way to scrape images without hashtags? I don't mind the mentions being there as that is crediting the original content owner

Or

Is there a way to exclude hashtags within the caption -- I will automatically be commenting my own set of hashtags using "comment after" after posting the images.

Let me know?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: InstaDUB > Removing # Tags In Scrape Images

Post by martin@rootjazz »

there should be an option to clean the caption. Really sorry I cannot look now, I have to leave 1m ago, as need to help a friend in hospital in the city.

I'll check if you cannot figure it out when I get back (6-8 hours)
dtch

Post by dtch »

no probs martin hope your friend is alright. this can definitely wait.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

dtch wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:48 pm no probs martin hope your friend is alright. this can definitely wait.
Thanks for understanding. He got sectioned and there isn't much we can do for him. tbh I don't really know him, just met him once, but he is a friend of a friend of my wife's and he is in a foreign country, doesn't speak the language and now in the system so there isn't much we can do for him. We are liaising between the consulate and the hospital, just making sure he gets fed and has clean clothes and that the hospital know his bills will be covered. Due to the holidays seems like he will be stuck there for a week until we can get him flown home, but we've managed to stop them sedating him and not have him shackled, so it's something.

Anyway, onto the issue. If you want to use the REPOST module, (which I know you are not, but just to give the info) there is a token

Code: Select all

#caption_clean_all#
That will do what you want, also

Code: Select all

#caption_clean_mentions#
#caption_clean_tags#
which do as you would expect as well.

As for the SCRAPE IMAGES module, it is not possible at this time. Let me know if the REPOST module works for you or not, if not and want to have the images downloaded, let me know and I can look at adding the option to do the above

Regards,
Martin
dtch

Post by dtch »

repost module works! but i think would be good to add this tag support into post image module. no rush though. i can live without it.
somehow i used regex and search replace to get rid of all the hashtags in my scrape image folder lol.

anyway. hope ur friend's friend friend gets well soon!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

dtch wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:55 pm but i think would be good to add this tag support into post image module
didn't think of that. I suppose either the
POST IMAGES (load text files without #tags without @mentions

or
SAVE MEDIA module ignoring #tags and @mentions in downloads.

Both would work.

I'll take a look, but unlikely until next week as am going to be away again tomorrow

Regards,
Martin
codimendez

Post by codimendez »

Hello Martin,

Please how do I link account to actions after importing the accounts?
The account section in instadub reports err: account null

Please how do i link IG account to each of the imported actions?

Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

codimendez wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:54 pm Hello Martin,

Please how do I link account to actions after importing the accounts?
The account section in instadub reports err: account null

Please how do i link IG account to each of the imported actions?

Thanks
Not 100% sure I understand.

You want to assign newly imported accounts to an existing action?

tbh it will probably be easier to just recreate the action with the new accounts.

Or what you can do moving forward, is to use ACC TAG CAMPAIGNS for the action, then the action will pull in all accounts that have the specified tags. This makes it easier to add / remove accounts from actions on an ongoing basis.

The other way, is to reclick the action > EDIT ACTION and edit the action to include the accounts' usernames. HOWEVER, depending on the action setup, it may / may not work as you expect and this isn't really recommended

Regards,
Martin