I am trying to authorize an account to use an API app

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to any of our other products
jconway3

Post by jconway3 »

I enter the user name and the password I would like to use for the account but I keep getting an error message which I can't copy and past so I've taken a .jpg of it and submitted it to support@rootjazz.com but never received a confirmation.

Any thoughts?

Please help. Thanks
support@rootjazz

Re: I am trying to authorize an account to use an API app

Post by support@rootjazz »

jconway3 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:07 am I am trying to authorize an account to use an API app

I enter the user name and the password I would like to use for the account but I keep getting an error message which I can't copy and past so I've taken a .jpg of it and submitted it to support@rootjazz.com but never received a confirmation.

Any thoughts?

Please help. Thanks
Please follow the steps after adding account to TD software

After all successful process - try your action and you will not face any issue.

Or watch this video

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5559

Regards
jconway3

Post by jconway3 »

I don't have an authorize accounts button. What should I do?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

please post a screenshot of what you see. Possibly you are on the wrong tab
jconway3

Post by jconway3 »

How? There's no function to submit a link that I can figure out how to use

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

jconway3 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:50 pm How? There's no function to submit a link that I can figure out how to use

upload it somewhere and then post the link
jconway3

Post by jconway3 »

Never mind about that. I found the tab I was supposed to be on. Next problem, how do I do this? Turn off 2factor authentication where do I go?
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

jconway3 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:18 pm Never mind about that. I found the tab I was supposed to be on. Next problem, how do I do this? Turn off 2factor authentication where do I go?
Glad that you have found it.
In order to turn off 2 factor authentication - please goto your twitter accounts settings ( in twitter.com ) then turn that off and come back to TD and do the process you were doing again.

Regards
jconway3

Post by jconway3 »

2 factor authentication was not set up. I set it up and then turned it off and I am still having the same problem.

I have tried repeatedly to set up an account. I have not been able to focus as much time on this due to my schedule but I have spent more time than I should have to trying to simply set up an account. I am very frustrated with this process. I purchased this product because someone said the support is excellent. But, every time I get an error I am referred to a forum post which I can't click on or even cut and paste. To find this forum post I would have to write the URL out by hand and type it in which I will not do.

Rather than opening a support ticket which would give me email notification of a response I need to remember to randomly check to see if someone has responded.

I have the next 4 days, 40 hours that I am dedicating to getting this product set up and running. Please help. Tell me exactly what to do to get this product running.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

You are going to have to update. Twitter have made some breaking changes

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

in order to authorise to EXISTING keys, you must get the CALLBACK URL from the apps.twitter.com settings page for the API APP and specify it for the custom keys, accounts form (or right click to bulk) or global keys via SETTINGS tab

If the app creates new keys, then it will store this url automatically, but for existing keys you need to do it manually

Regards,