Instadub & Twitterdub Doesn't Launch

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to any of our other products
Delete-This-Account

Instadub & Twitterdub Doesn't Launch

Post by Delete-This-Account »

I bought both of these products a couple weeks ago and installed them onto my computer but I didn't launch them or connect my accounts. The icons were on my desktop, everything worked fine and then one day the icons are no longer there or accessible and my computer gives me a prompt that says the .exe file has been changed or moved.

So I reinstalled them again, connected all my accounts, still haven't used them since I'm generating content to use.......but I woke up again with the same issue. The icons are no longer there and I get a warning that says they have been changed or moved. But how is this? Nothing has been changed or moved, I haven't even fully used it.

My fear is that I launch the .exe file again. Connect my accounts and start adding content and next thing I know the application "moves or changes" again and all my content/work I add will be gone. Again.

Can you help me troubleshoot this issue?
support@rootjazz

Re: Instadub & Twitterdub Doesn't Launch

Post by support@rootjazz »

JayKali wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:30 pm I bought both of these products a couple weeks ago and installed them onto my computer but I didn't launch them or connect my accounts. The icons were on my desktop, everything worked fine and then one day the icons are no longer there or accessible and my computer gives me a prompt that says the .exe file has been changed or moved.

So I reinstalled them again, connected all my accounts, still haven't used them since I'm generating content to use.......but I woke up again with the same issue. The icons are no longer there and I get a warning that says they have been changed or moved. But how is this? Nothing has been changed or moved, I haven't even fully used it.

My fear is that I launch the .exe file again. Connect my accounts and start adding content and next thing I know the application "moves or changes" again and all my content/work I add will be gone. Again.

Your machine is having serious problem. Never had this type of problem. But, we will try our best to help you.

What antivirus you are using? ( name please )
Do you scan and delete threats so often?
After how many days it starts happening?

Please reply all the questions.

To save your last work follow below steps:

Goto
C:\Users\[ your pc name here]\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Instadub\database ( for instadub )

C:\Users\[ your pc name here]\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\twitterdub\database ( for twitterdub )

copy the whole database folder and paste it to a safer place ( not c drive, other drives )

Reinstall them and see what happens. Ater you copy the databse folder with all data in it, you don't need to fear to loss your previousuly worked data.

Note: Backup those two database before doing re-install and other works.
https://gyazo.com/e47d1d410fbe33a461cff5c56d673a99

Best Regards
Delete-This-Account

Man.....that's upsetting to hear. I hope we can solve this. I don't know why this is happening, this has never happened with any of my other programs so it's very interesting to me.

My antivirus Im using is "ESET NOD32"
I don't do any scans manually and I don't think the antivirus software does without my initiation
I'm not sure how many days, I would assume between 7-10 days.....but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks for the help.
support@rootjazz

JayKali wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:34 am Man.....that's upsetting to hear. I hope we can solve this. I don't know why this is happening, this has never happened with any of my other programs so it's very interesting to me.

My antivirus Im using is "ESET NOD32"
I don't do any scans manually and I don't think the antivirus software does without my initiation
I'm not sure how many days, I would assume between 7-10 days.....but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks for the help.
I told you, how you can save your previous works.
But, i think AV is doing that. Disable that for 10 days (after reinstalling both softwares. It should be solved that way )

Regards
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

JayKali wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:30 pm I bought both of these products a couple weeks ago and installed them onto my computer but I didn't launch them or connect my accounts. The icons were on my desktop, everything worked fine and then one day the icons are no longer there or accessible and my computer gives me a prompt that says the .exe file has been changed or moved.

Hi, it does sound like something on your machine is removing the .exe / shortcuts. Firstly, if you have already run the programs before and added accounts / actions, this data will not be moved, it is just the EXE which launches the program.

Usually the culprit from above is the AV software, they use "heuristic" to determine what to do with a program. Things like:
Is this software signed from a major company: no
Has this software paid us not to remove them: no
Has this software protected the code (legitamate reason: to prevent hacking, malicious reason: to hide virus code)

Then they err on the side of caution and block the app.

To avoid this, you should be able to WHITELIST the applications program files folder, and / or all .exe and .dlls in the folder and it should work fine.

Also, if you can tell me the AV software you have with version / type I will contact them and ask them to remove their "false postive" detection

Regards,
Martin
Delete-This-Account

Awesome!! Thank you guys so much for the help.

I added those files as "do not scan" and on the log it was the AV cleaning up the icons. Spot on! Thanks you so much.

Martin - The AV software is "ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9.0.408.1
support@rootjazz

JayKali wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:52 am Awesome!! Thank you guys so much for the help.

I added those files as "do not scan" and on the log it was the AV cleaning up the icons. Spot on! Thanks you so much.

Martin - The AV software is "ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9.0.408.1
Welcome. :)