Video Watermarker Error

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to any of our other products
beer30

Video Watermarker Error

Post by beer30 »

From the look of the log I would guess it's trying to move the file before it's finished.

Snip from log:
07:28:39: Delete: C:\Users\PC\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Video Watermarker\conversion\Aalliyahh webcam show 2016 July 16 073646.flv
07:28:39: * ERROR :The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\PC\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Video Watermarker\conversion\Aalliyahh webcam show 2016 July 16 073646.flv' because it is being used by another process.
07:28:39: handle Failed file: Y:\Aalliyahh webcam show 2016 July 16 073646.flv

Log ID:
logs_87705_bargiadonationsyahoocom_1.0.6.4_Video Watermarker_

Hopefully the log id is correct I had to type it, window wouldn't allow me to copy/paste it.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Video Watermarker Error

Post by martin@rootjazz »

something on your machine has a lock on that file.

Restart your machine, run a single action on that folder (you must always only ever run a single action per folder). Does the issue remain?
beer30

Post by beer30 »

Nothing but the WaterMarker is running. For the time being it is in a Virtual Machine to itself. I can go in after closing the watermarker and delete the file manually. So that should mean nothing has a lock on the file.

After restarting so far testing with only smaller videos it is doing ok. The error was with a 417mb video.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

beer30 wrote:Nothing but the WaterMarker is running. For the time being it is in a Virtual Machine to itself. I can go in after closing the watermarker and delete the file manually. So that should mean nothing has a lock on the file.

After restarting so far testing with only smaller videos it is doing ok. The error was with a 417mb video.
Then it is possible that the program itself had a lock on that file. Had you tried to run multiple actions on the same watch folder?

Had you been running the program for a long time without restart

a 400mb video isn't so big and should work fine, I cannot think why that would self lock and try and access again.
beer30

Post by beer30 »

martin@rootjazz wrote:
beer30 wrote:Nothing but the WaterMarker is running. For the time being it is in a Virtual Machine to itself. I can go in after closing the watermarker and delete the file manually. So that should mean nothing has a lock on the file.

Then it is possible that the program itself had a lock on that file. Had you tried to run multiple actions on the same watch folder?

Had you been running the program for a long time without restart

a 400mb video isn't so big and should work fine, I cannot think why that would self lock and try and access again.
Only one action running. Nothing else accessing or doing anything with that folder. Program was just started. I have never had much luck with it, it's always something.

Today it left about 8 large videos in the conversions folder and filled the small VM harddrive while I was away. The drive only has about 2gb of free space. Most .flv's I'm attempting to watermark are under 400mb. It's in a windows 7 virutalbox VM, same that I under lots of other things in and don't have any problem with. Granted the watermarker is slow with only 1 cpu core to access but I want it to run smoothly for awhile before building a dedicated machine or renting a dedicated sever.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Today it left about 8 large videos in the conversions folder and filled the small VM harddrive while I was away.
what do the logs say?
beer30

Post by beer30 »

Looks like it's still saying the file is being accessed by another program.

I'm also seeing files it says are watermarked and they are only 64 kb or 45 kb, obviously just errors.

I guess I will create a new VM and reinstall it when I get time and just maybe it will work then.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I'm also seeing files it says are watermarked and they are only 64 kb or 45 kb, obviously just errors.
Make sure dumping the FFMPEG logs to file is switch on. Probably an option in the HELP menu or maybe it is HELP > CONFIG

then run the action and submit logs.

It could be the files you are trying to convert causing the small output files or something else, but the FFMPEG logs should give some hints hopefully
beer30

Post by beer30 »

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Make sure dumping the FFMPEG logs to file is switch on. Probably an option in the HELP menu or maybe it is HELP > CONFIG

It could be the files you are trying to convert causing the small output files or something else, but the FFMPEG logs should give some hints hopefully
Will the "Log output of conversions to file" switch possibly help my issue or just give you more info? Right now I can't even get it to submit the logs to you. Just says "The parameter is incorrect".

I made a brand new XP vm with a 20gb hard drive and installed nothing but framework 4.0 that the watermarker ask for. It is still not always deleting files from the conversion folder. Same problem same error. I can go in and delete them with the watermarker still running so it's not another program. Logs say:

09:08:40: * ERROR :The process cannot access the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\rootjazz\Video Watermarker\conversion\Cherry_deee webcam show 2016 July 15 135203.flv' because it is being used by another process.

10:55:12: * ERROR :The process cannot access the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\rootjazz\Video Watermarker\conversion\Julia_kiska webcam show 2016 July 15 035935.flv' because it is being used by another process.

11:55:38: * ERROR :The process cannot access the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\rootjazz\Video Watermarker\conversion\Julia_kiska webcam show 2016-07-14 021502.flv' because it is being used by another process.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

beer30 wrote:
martin@rootjazz wrote:

Will the "Log output of conversions to file" switch possibly help my issue or just give you more info? Right now I can't even get it to submit the logs to you. Just says "The parameter is incorrect".
It will log the output only.

Please perform the following:

Open the program. Delete or pause all existing actions. If actions are already running due to autorun on startup, disable autorun at startup and restart the app. All actions must be waiting, then pause all (or delete)

please run a test

Delete existing logs
HELP > LOGS > VIEW
delete all files in the folder that opens

Perform the action:

delete all existing actions (if that won't cause a problem)

create a new action to watch a folder - just set the watch folder and watermark then screen shot it for me. Note make sure the watch folder is empty

Run the action

add a small video file to the watch folder, view the processing popup real time logs, does it run correctly?
add another video, again watch real time logs?

If not working, submit logs

PLEASE NOTE: Do not perform other actions at the same time. Only use one thread. Do not run any actions after this action.

Then submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

and let me know the LOGS ID (just the number part is sufficient)

Regards,
Martin