Watch users for new tweets not working... how to setup reply to reply

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to any of our other products
metaxanax

Watch users for new tweets not working... how to setup reply to reply

Post by metaxanax »

Hello,
I have two questions i need help with. First I'm trying to set up the tool so that it can:
1 watch specific users and wait for new tweets.
2 once tweet is posted from one of the users reply with account 1
3 reply to account 1 with account 2

I have researched the forum and it looks like the only option available is by using the "search and reply" module for step 1 and saving the reply using auto write watch file but not using the "watch users for new post". Please help me figure this out if you can.

The other thing I wanted to mention is this error I'm getting when i try to watch users for new tweets:

"""error: deserialising: XXXXXXX type: List`1
ERROR: scrape users from ID :Error converting value {null} to type 'System.Boolean'. Path '[0].blocked_by', line 1, position 1884.
No users found for: https://twitter.com/ethereum
* FAILED: UserDetails: https://twitter.com/ethereum with: empty No Proxy
* ERRROR: 404
WARNING errors occured checking your list of profiles to watch, forcing delay""""""

I am simply trying to use one account to watch the user and then once a tweet is posted my account likes and replies.
I have been receiving an error 404 every-time i try.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Watch users for new tweets not working... how to setup reply to reply

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Can you submit logs please

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the numbers are sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Whenever submitting an issue, please do the above. Sometimes they are not needed and maybe in this case they are not, but if they are required, it can save time as I will have them already

""error: deserialising: XXXXXXX type: List`1
ERROR: scrape users from ID :Error converting value {null} to type 'System.Boolean'. Path '[0].blocked_by', line 1, position 1884.
this looks like a change from twitter breaking the expected format of the data to be received allowing the program to read it.

Let me look into this first

metaxanax wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:26 pm Hello,
I have two questions i need help with. First I'm trying to set up the tool so that it can:
1 watch specific users and wait for new tweets.
Couple of options (that are sort of the same but with slight differences)

1) WATCH FOR NEW TWEETS
This is more aimed at allowing you to get a reply in as quick as possible as gives you the option to throw proxies at the scraping part of the process, so you don't blacklist your account IP by constantly refreshing the user feed.

2) SEARCH AND COMMENT / REPLY
Works as a normal action, set your accounts to use and they will do the scrape part, use the REPEAT option to keep checking the feed

3 reply to account 1 with account 2
This will need to use an AUTO WRITE file, so when the comment is posted, the program writes out a file to a specified folder <watch_folder>, indication a tweet has been made.

You then need to set up a MASS COMMENT AUTO WATCH FOLDER action to watch the above <watch_folder>. When a file with the correct format is added to this folder, automatically the program will run a MASS COMMENT action based on your settings. Whether that is a single reply, or a reply with all your accounts, or a selection etc etc

On the relevant tabs, you should see
AUTO WRITE FILE
WATCH FOLDER
and next to them an INFO click, which will open the forum posts for those features. Any confusion, please let me know

I have researched the forum and it looks like the only option available is by using the "search and reply" module for step 1 and saving the reply using auto write watch file but not using the "watch users for new post". Please help me figure this out if you can.
haha you've already figured this out, I should have read the post completely before replying

So where abouts in this process are you? What part are you having trouble with? Want more information on?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

""error: deserialising: XXXXXXX type: List`1
The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
metaxanax

Post by metaxanax »

Thanks for the reply. 🙏 Yes i emailed you the log no, its 75259.. Hopefully the next update will be here soon.

If i use the search and reply module, how would i set it up so that it scrapes for new tweets ?
Should i use the custom search option ?
metaxanax

Post by metaxanax »

To clarify i am currently in search and reply module testing using custom search option for which i choose "user id" and then "Latesttweetof". here's the sequence of actions and where im having problems:
-search and reply is turned on -> my account searches the target account tweets and replies to the latest one -> wait -> try to scrape for new tweets by the target account -> no new tweets: failed -> target account posts later -> my account still shows me no new tweets found error in the next scape....
I hope i explained well. basically once no new tweet is found i get into the error loop and even after the target account tweets again it still isn’t detected and no reply posted. my log is no 74520
Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

metaxanax wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:55 am
If i use the search and reply module, how would i set it up so that it scrapes for new tweets ?
Should i use the custom search option ?
Search Steps
LATEST

Twitterdub custom search tutorial
- Explains how to build a search and specify how many results per step (optional)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1W2KnNciPI
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

metaxanax wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:00 am To clarify i am currently in search and reply module testing using custom search option for which i choose "user id" and then "Latesttweetof". here's the sequence of actions and where im having problems:
-search and reply is turned on -> my account searches the target account tweets and replies to the latest one -> wait -> try to scrape for new tweets by the target account -> no new tweets: failed -> target account posts later -> my account still shows me no new tweets found error in the next scape....
I hope i explained well. basically once no new tweet is found i get into the error loop and even after the target account tweets again it still isn’t detected and no reply posted. my log is no 74520
Thanks
Logs show you did NOT run a LATEST_TWEET search.
RunSearch: TagFeedLatest with:
I've tested here and it works.

open app
goto SEARCH AND REPLY tab
Enter your profile to the search text box
set reply messages
click CUSTOM SEARCH
Build search
LATEST TWEET
Run action

IF this is NOT working for you, please send a screenshot of how you set the action up for the above test. Post it up here or you can email it to:

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com

Regards,
Martin