Info: New GDPR

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to TumblingJazz
lucas

Re: Info: New GDPR

Post by lucas »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:33 pm Is the GDPR a big issue for people? Those with 1-2 real accounts, can log in manually, those with 100s accounts, maybe can change IP?

The form is using a 3rd party consensus spec as detailed here: https://github.com/InteractiveAdvertisi ... 20Final.md

It is not just a click and be done, but generate an encoded string that is performed by the 3rd party and I've found no way to decode or generate it to spec. I will keep investigating but is hard to assign so much time to a program that unfortunately - whilst still used doesn't cover costs and requires the other programs to sell to allow me to keep maintaining it so it does get to a point I need to focus on the programs that actually sell rather than the one that doesn't.

If people aren't that bothered by it, then it doesn't matter. Just trying to get a feeling of the userbase waiting for / requiring this feature
I already did it manual for my accs. For me it is like meditation :)
I can live without this feature and in future I can switch to non-EU proxies.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

lucas wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:42 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:33 pm Is the GDPR a big issue for people? Those with 1-2 real accounts, can log in manually, those with 100s accounts, maybe can change IP?

The form is using a 3rd party consensus spec as detailed here: https://github.com/InteractiveAdvertisi ... 20Final.md

It is not just a click and be done, but generate an encoded string that is performed by the 3rd party and I've found no way to decode or generate it to spec. I will keep investigating but is hard to assign so much time to a program that unfortunately - whilst still used doesn't cover costs and requires the other programs to sell to allow me to keep maintaining it so it does get to a point I need to focus on the programs that actually sell rather than the one that doesn't.

If people aren't that bothered by it, then it doesn't matter. Just trying to get a feeling of the userbase waiting for / requiring this feature
Thanks for letting me know. Going to put this on the backburner as got a backlog of fixes required across the suite of programs :(
snibi

Post by snibi »

Maybe we could just block like they are telling here:

https://old.reddit.com/r/tumblrhelp/com ... r_privacy/
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Those cookies are not set. I think there issue is different, they have accepted it and it still appears.

As TumJazz works with http requests it is not pulling these external scripts so the cookies are not set anyway. But tumblr insists on it.

But if you have an account I can test let me know and I'll look into it and confirm

Regards,
Martin
awm

Post by awm »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:45 pm

Thanks for letting me know. Going to put this on the backburner as got a backlog of fixes required across the suite of programs :(

do you have any update on this? :(
The problem with it is, that when they add a new operator we need to accept again and again and again
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

awm wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:21 am
martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:45 pm

do you have any update on this? :(
Don't use EU proxies.
The problem with it is, that when they add a new operator we need to accept again and again and again
Really? Didn't know that. But the form to accept isn't like a normal form, it's a complicated thing back and forth. Honestly, non-EU proxies is going to be the best option for the foreseeable future

sorry