Re: New account signup. Firefox automation

Post by martin@rootjazz »

or just use chrome
tumblr3

Post by tumblr3 »

jrichards wrote:jeez, use google, man. this is the first result:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/in ... of-firefox
I know how to install an older version of firefox, my question was how to the registration again AFTER reverting to the old firefox. My copy of tumblingjazz was defaulting to popping up a chromedriver even though I did not have chrome itself installed. Are you running automated registration with firefox 45 on tumblingjazz?
martin@rootjazz wrote:or just use chrome
Perhaps it's not obvious what I want, I want to run an automated registration with tumblingjazz and that's not possible with chrome. How can I do it with Firefox 45, can it still be done with an older version of tumblingjazz or a tweak in the config of the current or beta one?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

tumblr3 wrote: I want to run an automated registration with tumblingjazz and that's not possible with chrome. How can I do it with Firefox 45, can it still be done with an older version of tumblingjazz or a tweak in the config of the current or beta one?
yes it is. You can use chrome or firefox. The setting to choose is in the Settings tab. If not update

https://rootjazz.com/tumblingjazz/updatetesting.html
tumblr3

Post by tumblr3 »

On windows 7 I tried 64 bit 45.3.0, 42.0 and 45.0 with tj 1.7.4 on a fresh install(deleted the databases) but I just get

* ERROR : getpage reg: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
* ERROR: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

each time. And when I tried chrome it's not automatic, it still says to manually solve the captcha.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

you are not going to get a good success rate with automatic captcha tbh, the google recaptchav2 has been updated and is now very hard to solve using dbc, you will do better using the manual solve option

But for firefox, you would want version 45 32bit version
tumblr3

Post by tumblr3 »

I am experiencing some odd behavior with the new account signup. When I sign up with firefox and get to the recaptcha popup, I click on street signs or houses or rivers and each box I click on has a blurred, light blue checkmark show up and then dissappear. Then immediately afterwards a new picture pops up in the box I clicked. And I have to click about 12 boxes in a 3X3 before it will let me click verify. Then after clicking verify the same thing happens with a different question and finally when I click verify the second time it is solved.

But when I use chrome, the recaptcha checkmark is solid, sharp dark blue and only needs to be checked once. It seems like firefox is causing more recaptcha problems. :o
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

It could be due to the useragent that is assigned to the account.

Google uses many metrics to try and decide how realistic you are, more realistic easier captchas. If a chrome UA is assigned and detected that could be a blackspot against you.

So look at your \data\useragents.txt file in the program files folder for the app andmake sure only firefox strings are present
tumblr3

Post by tumblr3 »

I was having a problem with success rates and the automation was not bringing up the captcha box. I tried running the registration manually outside tj and some of the nicks that tj missed had a yahoo.com registration page with a tumblr avatar. It was asking for an email with a choice of creating a brand new yahoo email on the spot, a birthday(had a listbox kind of antibot design) and password I think and then it said it would send some kind of token to email. I gave it a non-yahoo email and proceeded. Once I got the token from the email I was able to proceed and sign up a new account. I think 10% to 20% of my signups were like that but I'm not sure. Then suddenly it went back to 100% all normal tumblr registrations, and later on it had some of them go to that yahoo page again maybe it was related to the IP of my proxy?

I'm guessing though that 100% of registrations may soon become like that and they may just be resting. :shock:
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

sounds like some testing is going on. Could be todo with the sale of yahoo that I Think went through recently