New account signup. Firefox automation

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to TumblingJazz
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

New account signup. Firefox automation

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Due to the recent ( 06 / 09 / 1980 ) issues of the captcha no longer showing for the headless browser account signup module, I have had to remove this module and replace it with a firefox automation.

You will probably need to have firefox installed on your machine (which you should anyway as it is clearly a better browser than chrome :-D )

It will only work SINGLE THREADED, this is forced in the app on an action basis, but you could create multiple actions and multi thread them. DON'T. It won't work and will break the actions.

The signup module DOES NOT WORK WITH USERNAME:PASSWORD PROXIES
Sorry about this, but you MUST use IP authenticated private proxies only (or proxies that do not require username passwords or a VPN or whatever)

When the module runs, a firefox window will open, DO NOT INTERACT WITH IT, do not close it, do not enter any values...

My tests are working 100% success rate at the moment, so hopefully you will have good results if you go with the above guidelines.

Let me know how you get on
sach68

Re: New account signup. Firefox automation

Post by sach68 »

Hey Martin,

According to the service Proxy Rack they are unlike any other proxy service on the market. Will Proxy Rack proxies work?

They say "our proxies simultaneously support HTTP, SOCKS4 and SOCKS5 connections"

Tx much ;)

http://www.proxyrack.com/
beer30

Post by beer30 »

It errors out when needing to select a suggested username. This was with no proxy and clean install of the newest version of firefox.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

sach68 wrote:Hey Martin,

According to the service Proxy Rack they are unlike any other proxy service on the market. Will Proxy Rack proxies work?

They say "our proxies simultaneously support HTTP, SOCKS4 and SOCKS5 connections"

Tx much ;)

http://www.proxyrack.com/
No idea, are the IP authenticated?

As long as you can specify
IP:PORT

they will work

What WILL NOT WORK, is if you specify
IP:PORT:USERNAME:PASSWORD
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

beer30 wrote:It errors out when needing to select a suggested username. This was with no proxy and clean install of the newest version of firefox.

Thanks for reporting this, I never tested this part as my tests were with usernames that went through. Of course, the one part I didn't check doesn't work *sigh*

I will test, confirm, update today
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I have tested this now, but I don't see a problem. If you instruct TJ to signup with a blog name that already exist, it will fail and move onto the next attempt (if there is a next attempt) or drop out.

What exactly happens for you and what were you expecting to happen
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

beer30 wrote:It errors out when needing to select a suggested username. This was with no proxy and clean install of the newest version of firefox.
I do not see an option to select a suggested username, just a message from tumblr saying "couldn't signin"
beer30

Post by beer30 »

Using the newest version of firefox 32.0.2 it gave me a choice of suggested usernames when the username entered was taken.

Sorry for the long delay in replying I had moved on to another project for the time being.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I will test again, but I am on the same FF and that didn't happen.
botoballs

Post by botoballs »

trying to create accounts and process stop at the age section. So I guess this needs updated.