tahoe012

Re: Processing - Waiting

Post by tahoe012 »

Thanks Martin!
tahoe012

Re: Processing - Waiting & #in Queue

Post by tahoe012 »

Thanks Martin!

The current set of actions i have: Like, Follow, Reblog - I did not check off to Queue the reblogs.

Yet, in the processing screen the column #in Queue says 38. What is that referring to?

Does the software queue up all the likes and follows and reblogs for the day and process them as the day goes on?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Processing - Waiting & #in Queue

Post by martin@rootjazz »

tahoe012 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:56 am Thanks Martin!

The current set of actions i have: Like, Follow, Reblog - I did not check off to Queue the reblogs.

Yet, in the processing screen the column #in Queue says 38. What is that referring to?
Not sure I understand what you mean, screenshot may help. But tumblr has a concept of QUEUE, so the program can post to the tumblr queue and tumblr will drip feed the posts for you (but I didn't think that was on the processing tab)

Does the software queue up all the likes and follows and reblogs for the day and process them as the day goes on?
The processing tab is where everything happens, so if you have 100 actions in the processing tab, the processor will work it's way through them (n) at a time, where (n) is the NUM_THREADS value.

Docs may help explain: processing section
https://rootjazz.com/tumblingjazz/documentation

and tutorials
Getting started with TumblingJazz:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... W_O6edsXR6

All TumblingJazz tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... NnUwHORWmU
tahoe012

Re: Processing - Waiting in Queue

Post by tahoe012 »

Ok, I see what you mean. Yes, in the tumblr account 55 posts are waiting in queue and that number of course matches the Processing Screen.

So, Tumblr and Processing Screen show: 43 posts and 55 in queue and #of Reblog shows 10. So, in "Tumblr Speak" a Reblog is considered a POST since the only posts this Tumblr has are ReBlogs.

So, my question would be - Let's say the running action on Reblog is set for Max 3 Reblogs Daily. So, my question would be why is it queue'ing up so many reblogs for Tumblr to drip? Is there a MAX number it will Queue up? It was set up for 50 Reblogs max. So, being we are at 55 do i have a glitch in my settings?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Processing - Waiting in Queue

Post by martin@rootjazz »

tahoe012 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:32 am
So, Tumblr and Processing Screen show: 43 posts and 55 in queue and #of Reblog shows 10. So, in "Tumblr Speak" a Reblog is considered a POST since the only posts this Tumblr has are ReBlogs.
errr not entirely sure. It will work the same as it does on the tumblr.com website. I have a feeling reblogs are not the same as posts though
So, my question would be - Let's say the running action on Reblog is set for Max 3 Reblogs Daily. So, my question would be why is it queue'ing up so many reblogs for Tumblr to drip? Is there a MAX number it will Queue up? It was set up for 50 Reblogs max. So, being we are at 55 do i have a glitch in my settings?
Tumblr will queue how ever you have it specified with the tumblr settings.

But again, without clear logs / screenshots it is hard to be sure of what exactly you are asking