Latest version of TumblingJazz not able to access network drive

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to TumblingJazz
Post Reply
theone
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:37 pm
Contact:

Latest version of TumblingJazz not able to access network drive

Post by theone » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:06 am

Hey,
I store all my files on a local network drive and the latest version of TumblingJazz 1.9.0.7 doesn't recognize it as a drive. I have my watched folders set up on this drive and it was working just fine until I updated. When I try setting up a watched folder the drive doesn't show as an option.

Any suggestions? I'd prefer to keep the folders on the NAS to keep the clutter off my hard drive.

Thanks

Danny000
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:19 am

Re: Latest version of TumblingJazz not able to access network drive

Post by Danny000 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:17 am

move your file to local drive

support@rootjazz
Posts: 2317
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: Latest version of TumblingJazz not able to access network drive

Post by support@rootjazz » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:12 am

theone wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:06 am
Hey,
I store all my files on a local network drive and the latest version of TumblingJazz 1.9.0.7 doesn't recognize it as a drive. I have my watched folders set up on this drive and it was working just fine until I updated. When I try setting up a watched folder the drive doesn't show as an option.

Any suggestions? I'd prefer to keep the folders on the NAS to keep the clutter off my hard drive.

Thanks
Well, the program supports load from disk not from network.
You really need to put the data/ folder in the disk and then get them in TJ and do action accordingly.



Regards

theone
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Latest version of TumblingJazz not able to access network drive

Post by theone » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:59 am

Well it worked just fine from the network drive until the latest release. I haven't updated my other pc and it continues to work so I'll hold off on updating that one.

Any particular reason for the change?

support@rootjazz
Posts: 2317
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: Latest version of TumblingJazz not able to access network drive

Post by support@rootjazz » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:21 am

theone wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:59 am
Well it worked just fine from the network drive until the latest release. I haven't updated my other pc and it continues to work so I'll hold off on updating that one.

Any particular reason for the change?
Well, TBH this is not a feature or admin didn't remove it.
There is no mention for it in the realease statements in updatetesting page ofthe program.


IF you're saying that the older version worked from network resources then i have to ask admin about this. He might put some real idea here regarding what is happening.


Regards

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 18502
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Latest version of TumblingJazz not able to access network drive

Post by martin@rootjazz » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:09 pm

theone wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:59 am
Well it worked just fine from the network drive until the latest release. I haven't updated my other pc and it continues to work so I'll hold off on updating that one.

Any particular reason for the change?
You mean when you use the file / directory selectors? They are OS controls and should see any present network drives. Same if you specify a network path for the action, access to the file is OS controlled.

It should still work.

Check your permissions / user accounts / domain. Anything that many restrict network path access

theone
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Latest version of TumblingJazz not able to access network drive

Post by theone » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:53 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:09 pm
theone wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:59 am
Well it worked just fine from the network drive until the latest release. I haven't updated my other pc and it continues to work so I'll hold off on updating that one.

Any particular reason for the change?
You mean when you use the file / directory selectors? They are OS controls and should see any present network drives. Same if you specify a network path for the action, access to the file is OS controlled.

It should still work.

Check your permissions / user accounts / domain. Anything that many restrict network path access
Hey Martin,
Yes that's exactly what I mean. It had been working fine but after I installed the most recent update the watched folder actions were failing because TJ couldn't find the specified folders.

I ended up uninstalling TJ and reinstalling it. Now it's working as it should.

support@rootjazz
Posts: 2317
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: Latest version of TumblingJazz not able to access network drive

Post by support@rootjazz » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:12 am

theone wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:53 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:09 pm
theone wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:59 am
Well it worked just fine from the network drive until the latest release. I haven't updated my other pc and it continues to work so I'll hold off on updating that one.

Any particular reason for the change?
You mean when you use the file / directory selectors? They are OS controls and should see any present network drives. Same if you specify a network path for the action, access to the file is OS controlled.

It should still work.

Check your permissions / user accounts / domain. Anything that many restrict network path access
Hey Martin,
Yes that's exactly what I mean. It had been working fine but after I installed the most recent update the watched folder actions were failing because TJ couldn't find the specified folders.

I ended up uninstalling TJ and reinstalling it. Now it's working as it should.
This appears to be there is no fundamental change in TJ and something wrong at your end.
Glad to hear that it is helping you again! :)


Regards

Post Reply