Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to TumblingJazz
support@rootjazz

Re: chromedriver.exe has stopped working

Post by support@rootjazz »

martyl wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:46 am
martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:47 pm please try this

https://rootjazz.com/tumblingjazz/updatetesting.html
Hi Martin,
Sorry, I didn't get this. Why did you refer to that page (https://rootjazz.com/tumblingjazz/updatetesting.html)?
I couldn't see how it is related to the Chromedriver problem.
When I downloaded that tumblingjazz_setup_v1.898.exe file, it failed to run (error message: Windows cannot access the specified path, etc)
Would you please clarify. Thank you very much.

Regards.
Martyl
He gave you the url because he wanted you to download the latest update of TJ which has fixed chrome driver problem.
Can you please confirm that you are on the latest version? I have replicated the chrome problem and it is working fine for me.

Windows can not access the path. This means TJ does not have proper permission.

What OS are you using?
What Tj version are you using?
What task are you trying to perform?
Is your chrome installed on C drive?
Are you using VPS? Is it shared VPS?

Please answer the above quoestions. Therefore we can see the actual problem.

Regards
martyl

Post by martyl »

support@rootjazz wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:54 am He gave you the url because he wanted you to download the latest update of TJ which has fixed chrome driver problem.
Can you please confirm that you are on the latest version? I have replicated the chrome problem and it is working fine for me.

Windows can not access the path. This means TJ does not have proper permission.

What OS are you using?
What Tj version are you using?
What task are you trying to perform?
Is your chrome installed on C drive?
Are you using VPS? Is it shared VPS?

Please answer the above quoestions. Therefore we can see the actual problem.

Regards
Thank you for your response.
I'm using Windows 10.
As for TJ, I have never used TJ until now, my ChromeDriver has stopped working so I searched
on the internet and I found out this website. The TJ I downloaded is from that URL.

I got an Access database which logs into a website and then retrieve its files, the VBA codes depends
on Selenium. Recently, this Access database stopped working, the error message was "ChromeDriver.exe has stopped working".
support@rootjazz

Probably i am not understanding your working procedure. However, Have you bought TJ?

What problem are you getting?
What are you trying to do?

I am sorry but i didn't understand the VBA and chrome problem you said above. Can you please explain more?
martyl

Post by martyl »

support@rootjazz wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:42 pm Probably i am not understanding your working procedure. However, Have you bought TJ?

I am sorry but i didn't understand the VBA and chrome problem you said above. Can you please explain more?
My Access database relies on Selenium to log into a website, the browser used is Google Chrome.
It's that simple.

I never used Tumblr Jazz or Tumblr Bot before, I just came across this website when I tried to look for a
solution (for my ChromeDriver crash problem). Am I in the wrong place???
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

martyl wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:57 pm
support@rootjazz wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:42 pm Probably i am not understanding your working procedure. However, Have you bought TJ?

My Access database relies on Selenium to log into a website, the browser used is Google Chrome.
It's that simple.

I never used Tumblr Jazz or Tumblr Bot before, I just came across this website when I tried to look for a
solution (for my ChromeDriver crash problem). Am I in the wrong place???
probably, as this is a support forum for software applications that use selenium, not for selenium itself.

:)
martyl

Post by martyl »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:26 pm probably, as this is a support forum for software applications that use selenium, not for selenium itself.
Definitely I am in the wrong place. Last night, I went to the Google Chrome Driver website and
downloaded their latest version. After that, my Access database started to work !
support@rootjazz

Great.