Anti Virus agressivly won't let TJ work

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to TumblingJazz
theone

Anti Virus agressivly won't let TJ work

Post by theone »

I am dead in the water at the moment because of my AV aggressively killing both Tumbling Jazz and TwitterDub. I had Eset and no matter how many times I added TJ and TD to whitelist them the AV blocked them. Same thing with windows firewall. I got annoyed with Eset and uninstalled it now windows defender is doing the same thing. I've completely disabled defender and firewall and still when I try to reinstall, I get nothing.

I've submitted a support ticket to Eset and am still waiting to hear from them. I've tried getting ahold of MS but they suck. I'll try the MS community support but that never seems to provide help but I'm desperate.

Any idea why they are so aggressive lately or do you know of any workarounds?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Anti Virus agressivly won't let TJ work

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Let me know the versions you have (of ESET / windows defender) and I will write to them as well.

As for how to bypass them, whitelisting "should" work, disabling for the install sometimes work.

I'm not having any trouble with free version of AVG, although perhaps I have it disabled, I don't remember...
theone

Post by theone »

Hey Martin,
Sorry for the late reply. It's been a crazy few days for me here.

I had Eset Nod32 Antivirus for Windows. I had to completely uninstall it because it was not obeying my commands. I had the TJ folder added to the don't scan exception and it still removed the exe. I would recover them selecting the recover and exclude from scan, it would remove it immediately. Disabling had no effect.

Windows Defender virtually the same situation. Copy is disabled on the about page so here is a link to the screenshot of the info. https://1drv.ms/i/s!Am8tHe_zLJDHhogji0pWSx9uuLF4Hg Again Defender was ignoring the settings and removing the exe After I submitted it to MS for evaluation it seemed to stop and I was able to get it working on one PC. Haven't tried the other yet.

I uploaded the install to Kasperski and it came back as clean. The Windows Defender submission details are showing no malware detected for most of the file with 3 inno numbers still pending.

I had upgraded my AV from Avast free version to Eset because Avast was getting out of hand with false positives. At least when I disabled it things stayed that way and I could work. I updated Windows 10 to the latest update a couple days before the Eset upgrade so I'm looking into that combo as a possible issue as well. MS says their update does not have any issues (of course) and Eset support is less than impressive so I have no idea if or when they will get back to me. 48 hours after opening a support ticket they replied with links instructing me how to add a file or folder to the exception list and how to recover files and set them to no scan mode. I was a bit rude in my reply.

I really don't like how AV's guess and block everything and boast of all the threats they stop. Their constant false positives can kill productivity to end users like me and I can only imagine how much of a pain it is to vendors like you.

If you need any other info let me know and I'll get it to you.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Thanks for the info, I'll try and contact them as well.

The issue tends to boil down to the fact viruses try to protect the code so not be detected. Programs try to protect their code so they are not cracked and released for free. These are basically the same techniques.

The AV detect "you are doing something viruses do" (protect your code) as you haven't paid us to be certified we are going to report you as a virus....

:(

It also doesn't help that I update the programs so often, as each installer build is a different hash, so I can contact ESET and say "please stop reporting version 2.156 as a virus, they check and say "yes, sorry out mistake". I then release version 2.157 2.158 and 2.159 and then each of them goes back to square one of being detected

:( :(