Scheduling bugs

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to TumblingJazz
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Scheduling bugs

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Not really, no idea what it was now.

Can you not do something with scheduling?
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Man, believe me, I wouldn't bother you with this, if I can solve it with different scheduling :(

I've got another idea ... so instead of new option, what about changing how the "Process Single IP at a time" option works? So when the same IP is in both shared actions, only one would run at the time. Do you think something like this would be easier to implement?
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

bump ... waiting for a reply :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Lets start again. What are you trying to do and why?

You are running shared actions.
How many accounts?
The same accounts for all shared actions?

And you only want, one shared action to run at once, regardless of shared followed / shared post / shared like. Only one shared action to run. Is that it.

What other actions are you running in the processor (roughly)
How many processing threads.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Well, let's say I have sets of accounts, which share same IPs and I don't wanna to run them at the same time.

For example: I have 20 IPs and 3 groups of accounts (each group has 20 accounts). So I used to create a shared action for each group and I was sure, that there will be no such a situation, when 2 accounts on the same IP are performing the action at the same time. Because even when the previous action was delayed and interfered with the scheduling of the next action, the second action would simply wait, until the first one was completed.

I know there is an option "Process single IP at a time", but this give me even more headaches, because it's radically slowing down the app and often it freezes the entire instance.
And you only want, one shared action to run at once, regardless of shared followed / shared post / shared like. Only one shared action to run. Is that it.

What other actions are you running in the processor (roughly)
How many processing threads.
Yes, exactly like you said ... only one shared action to run at once, no matter which kind of shared action it is.

I don't run any other actions, during the time for shared actions. However I run not-shared actions on these accounts later that day.

I usually use 20 threads for 1 shared action, and processor is set to 20 threads as well.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, I am thinking custom action tag which can be used to effect single action processing.

you can tag your shared actions: "shared", then this value is used along with / instead of single acc / single IP to limit the number of actions processing.

Then the only issue is you have to tag each account once created, but am sure we could set a config to auto tag shared actions.

That way you can have single shared actions, and also the ability to single process any set of actions you should wish

I think that works better than re-adding a bug

thoughts?
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

I'm not sure if I follow ... what would be the workflow?

Let's say we have a 20 IPs and 60 accounts divided in 3 groups A, B, C. I would create a shared action for each group and to add tag 'shared' to each group?

And then before the action starts, it would check if the action has accounts with tag 'shared' and would not start if other shared action is currently running?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

you can assign a tag to an action.

so you add 10 shared actions to the processor.
You then give 8 of those shared actions the tag: "share1".

When you start the processor, the actions tagged "share1" will only process one at a time, the other two, not tagged will run normally (threads allowing)

So you have full control to limit some actions to 1 at a time and others can run multiples at once

that way you can do what you want with shared actions (one at a time) and I don't annoy everything else, by suddenly stopping them from multi threading shared actions
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Allright, great, this sounds really good. There's maybe only 1 problem - will this tag be passed to the next iteration of that action? I mean, if I set action to run every 24 hours, will the new automatically created action have this tag assigned too?
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

jrichards wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:12 am Allright, great, this sounds really good. There's maybe only 1 problem - will this tag be passed to the next iteration of that action? I mean, if I set action to run every 24 hours, will the new automatically created action have this tag assigned too?
I am not sure but, it should and nothing is chnaging instead of repeating. Right? Why don't you try and reply back?

Regards