Request for Feedback. Managing bulk accounts

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to TumblingJazz
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Request for Feedback. Managing bulk accounts

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I am trying to redesign things, splitting functionality for the two main user groups of our softwares.

1) Users promoting a single "real" account. Their business / band / blog etc

2) Bulk account users for SEO / aff marketing i.e. spammers ;-)

Things seem to work "ok" as they are, but splitting up would mean things can work better for both. And who doesn't want better?

So am just looking for ideas on what "better" would be for you. I don't mean things like better memory / CPU management as that is a given. More functionality wise.

For example, one thing that gets asked now and again, is the ability to work from a list and remove processed items from that list. So the list may start as 10,000 items, then in a few days, there is only 5000 left in the file, then in a week, the file is empty, all items processed, action complete.

So what features do you currently use. What missing functionality would help you. What improvements would stop you cursing me.

Would there be much interest in programmatic ways to control the accounts? Via an API, or scripting language. Perhaps better import / export support for CSV would be a halfway measure allowing better use of excel which most will have some skills with rather than a custom script language, api?

Not all suggestions will be implemented (depending on amount) so if can think of what you would really want, would actually use. Would you really use a scripting language?

Code: Select all

accs = getAccs(filter.acc_tags(["music","techno","hiphop"]);
follow(from_file("c:\path\to\file.txt"), maxitems=0, shared=true, accs=accs, threads =4)
It isn't really going to be quicker than just selecting with a mouse.
janojebo

Re: Request for Feedback. Managing bulk accounts

Post by janojebo »

AS mentioned the updating list when action is finished is good thing.
Here are few thing that i would like to see in bot:
1-Reblog/mass reblog module add function to like the reblog based on % let say set 50% so each time there is chance 50/50 that the post while rebloged will be also liked
2-Auto close the cmd window when finish work in opened browser
3-Add like or reblog/comment latest/random post on user that you follow also % based same as on IG bot
4-Never tested if it works but when i copy file path on win7 i get this "c:/directory/file.txt" so bot would read the "" so i no need each time delete them
5-CTRL+A support in all fields and columns
6-Open directory button on all possible searches PLEASE
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

I'm not sure, if API/scripting would be useful .. I currently can't imagine scenario where would I use it.

What I really miss, is better option with action changes. For example, option to create a action template. Or load UI controls from the existing action and have option to edit the action (I know you can edit the values in the notepad, but there's no easy way for adding/removing account to existing action).
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

janojebo wrote:AS mentioned the updating list when action is finished is good thing.
Here are few thing that i would like to see in bot:
1-Reblog/mass reblog module add function to like the reblog based on % let say set 50% so each time there is chance 50/50 that the post while rebloged will be also liked
Agreed, % on everything is useful. Also rather than have separate tabs for each mass action,just a single mass action, then you specify what it will do with check boxes and %s
2-Auto close the cmd window when finish work in opened browser
I think this is a chrome / selenium thing. I remember having to download the source and remove the CMD window a few years back for the FF version. Although I think it *should* close after use... If it is a big issue, post a new thread and I can look into it

3-Add like or reblog/comment latest/random post on user that you follow also % based same as on IG bot
again agree. Perhaps a single tab which lets you check what will be done and at what percentage
4-Never tested if it works but when i copy file path on win7 i get this "c:/directory/file.txt" so bot would read the "" so i no need each time delete them
ahh yes, I noticed that before. Now I open the text file in notepadd+ right click the tab and select copy full path to avoid the "...".
5-CTRL+A support in all fields and columns
:-) the new system will use a different GUI framework which will fix all the expected file selection behaviour

6-Open directory button on all possible searches PLEASE
:-) yes yes I give in, not everyone likes to type it in :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

jrichards wrote:I'm not sure, if API/scripting would be useful .. I currently can't imagine scenario where would I use it.
I think it is probably one of those things, hardly any one wants it, but those that do would love it. Which probably means it isn't really needed on the whole...
What I really miss, is better option with action changes. For example, option to create a action template.
agreed, the existing load / save / edit functionality is a bit crap and just an attempt to tack it on to something that it isn't designed to support.
Or load UI controls from the existing action and have option to edit the action (I know you can edit the values in the notepad, but there's no easy way for adding/removing account to existing action).
Never thought of that.
Save / Load actions and load into tab. Much better than trying to edit a text file. Will keep that in mind
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Also am thinking about offering a cloud based system. It would remove the issue of memory limits, slow downs of running 1000k, 10,000 accounts. No need to run 1 or multiple VPS systems, no having to run the program for the actions to work - and no having to try and debug random user machine specific issues, or trying to figure out something that doesn't make sense to realise someone is running an old version.

Although whether people like server apps or prefer desktop I am not sure. Some do, some don't obviously and it is a trust issue as well as I could spy on campaigns, targeted keywords to steal your accounts, update passwords and keep them. But I hope the last few years of business would allay those fears, but.... But you have to trust someone at the end of the day. The workers on minimum wage at your VPS host, can log in and see what you are doing and steal /copy as well.

Perhaps an ideal way to offer both, run local, run on cloud... but is a big duplication....
janojebo

Post by janojebo »

Wondering if is this possible do with current version of bot :
I have 50 A blogs and 50 B blogs
On A blogs i want to post 20 pics on each blog
Now on B blogs i want reblog/queue A blogs this way:
A1>B1
A2>B2 ...
So i would want it as much easy as it can be so load list of A blogs and select B blogs
Currently i do it manually
Add A1 url to mass reblog module and select B1 and use reblog all new posts feature
but is time consuming and easy can make error why so many blogs

If its not possible currently i want such feature for the new version.
I know that IG bot have feature multiterm shared so each acc take one kw from the list so basically something similar just with the mass reblog module
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I know that IG bot have feature multiterm shared so each acc take one kw from the list so basically something similar just with the mass reblog module
This is one of the reasons want to consolidate everything. Having functionality in one program and not in the other.

But I have no idea what ISG feature you are referring to. IF can explain that, can copy it over the the tumblr bot.

But as well, if you have a better way of doing it for the new version, this is the kind of thing I want hear about. I am not sure how you can load in 100 accounts, split them into 2 groups, then map without some form of programming / scripting.

a1 -> b1
a2 -> b2
a3 -> b3

It should be possible to add some kind of python, javascript (*shudder*), lua engine to allow control, but that would mean you need to know the languages, but would probably just end up me having to code things for everyone (like what happens for the RSS posting modules and extracting things via Regex. Which I kind of want to avoid. Or perhaps can offer a service where can recommend a freelancer to do it for you for a fee...

all_accs = loadAccs(100);
middle = len(all_accs) / 2
accsA = all_accs[0:middle]
save_accs_to_list(accsA, "A")

accsB = all_accs[middle:0]
save_accs_to_list(accsB, "B")

for counter in range(0,len(accsA)):
    repost(acc=accsA[counter], from=accsB[countr])

so would be simple enough,
load in 100 accounts
split into 2
save one list as "A" - will allow future extraction: get_list_accs("A")
save other list as b

loop and instruct listA account to repost corresponding post form listB

so would be straight forward with some programming knowledge, but am not sure of how many people will want / could do it / be prepared to learn.

Or perhaps I am just over complicating things.

select 50 accounts (this will be listA
right click > assign token > number:<counter>
this will assign a token to each account
acc1: number:1
acc2: number:2
acc50: number:50
select 50 accounts

then select another 50 accounts
right click > assign tag: "listb_<counter>"

this will then assign each of the 50 accounts the tag
acc1 = listb_1
acc2 = listb_2
acc50 = listb_50

goto mass repost > bulk create > select your 50 accounts that were used for listA
enter acc_with_tag:listb_ #number#

so each account uses it's personal number token to build the list name

Probably less complex, but would involve some creative thinking. But perhaps a better avenue to explore.

Tokens in the search boxes.
acc_with_tag:
bulk_load_with_tags:

Thoughts?
janojebo

Post by janojebo »

Possible to add share across account function to post images from rss module?
snibi

Post by snibi »

+1 i think to automate this a->b thing would still be useful

as already talked about in this thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3458
because i didnt find any selectors to the account listview so i can automate with autoit.
with autoit i can only automate textfield, buttons, checkbox but not that listview.