Got BAN? Read this!

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to TumblingJazz
janojebo

Got BAN? Read this!

Post by janojebo »

Few days back after mass bans i have decided to create survey to collect data from as many users as possible to see what we have in common and why we gettin our accounts banned. Its few questions regarding emails,proxies,# of follows ... so if you want help please fill the form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... Q/viewform

But probably 2 days back i saw this tumblr post https://staff.tumblr.com/post/159683324 ... ollow-spam
Fighting “Follow Spam”

A quick update on one of our priorities right now: Getting rid of spammy followers.

We’ve recently made a lot of headway, including shutting down several large spam rings that were responsible for most of these spammy follows.

We’re always improving our algorithms to catch these annoying bots, but one of the best tools we have are your reports. If you ever catch someone spammy following you, you can use this icon to report them:
So from this i think tumblr ban because of follow. Its simple if you follow 100+ people per day (in long term thousands of ppl) there is always chance that someone not like your blog/consider it as spam and will report you then they probably analyze the account and ban all others that have similar behavior = mass ban.
Still to be sure just fill out the form i will publish results in future so we can learn something from this. I will post similar thread on BHW if you have by any chance access to other tumblr bot forum post this there to get as many ppl as possible.
MindKmS

Re: Got BAN? Read this!

Post by MindKmS »

Keep it up mate! I filled your form
hups

Post by hups »

Thanks for the polls, could be interesting how you have adjusted after the tumblr announced the Fighting “Follow Spam”.

Is it safe follow 150 a day, better follow 150 every second day? unfollowing < 150 a day?

#outoftheloop could need some directions thanks!

for me i think tags playing a big role also on the terminations.
janojebo

Post by janojebo »

Hello yes not forgot just had only few participants (15)
But here is what i found
Mostly ppl use shared proxies, doing follow actions no matter how many.
Also same with accounts manually and brought online had similar ban ratios maybe those mail.ru are the most common footprint. Not matter what bot is used ppl get ban.
Total accounts banned : 19296

all results are here :