Ban Ban Ban need advice

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to TumblingJazz
lucas

Re: Ban Ban Ban need advice

Post by lucas »

jrichards wrote:That's up to you ... if you wanna help to figure out, what's the cause of the bans, then do what you can do and write it to this thread. I'm constantly running a tests, but have mixed results ... for example, this week, it looks like it's caused by posting or rebloging.

It would be helpful, if also other mass-account users write down here their findings.
I can confirm that posting is causing bans. Same situation was before that ban wave I was doing split tests and only blogs where I post and some (but small amount) where I reblog were banned.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

https://rootjazz.com/tumblingjazz/updatetesting.html

There were some changes made to following (minor) and posting images, quite a few.

That said, all my test accounts are still working. Have been following / posting / liking / reblogging every day the last week. These are run from home IP (not proxy / VPS IP) which may be relevant.

Has anyone had issues with actual accounts (not mass accounts, just a single personal blog or anything?)
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Thanks Marting ... I'm gonna update and continue with my tests. I hope this update helps to keep accounts alive ;)
Embrace

Post by Embrace »

martin@rootjazz wrote:https://rootjazz.com/tumblingjazz/updatetesting.html

There were some changes made to following (minor) and posting images, quite a few.

That said, all my test accounts are still working. Have been following / posting / liking / reblogging every day the last week. These are run from home IP (not proxy / VPS IP) which may be relevant.

Has anyone had issues with actual accounts (not mass accounts, just a single personal blog or anything?)
My personal account got banned about 4 weeks ago (I made a thread about it) I used to follow about 110 accounts per day and unfollowed about 50. Thankfully after speaking to Tumblr they did give me my account back, but I'm kind of wary to keep unfollowing/following even though I've scaled it back (to around 60 per day).
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

IT is not unheard of for tumblr to ban all, then reinstate the accounts they are requested about which got caught up accidentally in the cull. I guess they assume, only real people will request accounts back.

but 100+ a day is quite a lot IMO.

But the fact they gave you your account back, would imply they don't have definite records. "oh this account was 100% using tumjazz ban and do not give back".

Does imply blanket ban all without really knowing why
Embrace

Post by Embrace »

martin@rootjazz wrote:IT is not unheard of for tumblr to ban all, then reinstate the accounts they are requested about which got caught up accidentally in the cull. I guess they assume, only real people will request accounts back.

but 100+ a day is quite a lot IMO.

But the fact they gave you your account back, would imply they don't have definite records. "oh this account was 100% using tumjazz ban and do not give back".

Does imply blanket ban all without really knowing why

So my personal account just got banned again! Since the last ban, I've only been unfollowing/following between 30-60 per day (varies day by day) yet it's just been banned tonight?!
MindKmS

Post by MindKmS »

Lost all my instances today (about 5k)
And again only untitled acc survived
snibi

Post by snibi »

also lost all my instances around 4k, didnt find a pattern yet.
hups

Post by hups »

lost 2000 accounts me didn't changed anything in update accounts since 3/12/16. i have only followed, unfollowed, and reblogged... now all banned... :cry:
awm

Post by awm »

me too, i lost 3,5K accs, all banned :(

Someone bought accounts at buyaccs?