Please remove threading limits!

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to TumblingJazz
RoboSocial

Please remove threading limits!

Post by RoboSocial »

TumblingJazz is good software. But I need something more. :D
I already have some strategy and even get some money.
But the problem is Tumblr ban hammer.
I do some research with this and decide that if accounts going smoothly and like a real human than no ban occurs.
For now I set everywhere big random pause between actions. Especially for following and liking while real people do it with real delay.
For following I use share across accounts feature with 100 threads but it takes several hours to execute even with low amount of accounts!
While I do a bunch of other actions like posting and liking in processor tab it executes only 100 in parallel and takes too much time!

Please remove threading limits for processing tab and following tab! Or make it at least 1000!

For now I experimenting with several instances and it becomes very frustrating. :( The performance will be good while even with several instances it takes only several percents of CPU.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Please remove threading limits!

Post by martin@rootjazz »

No - running 1000 threads is not a good idea. It won't be quicker - you will choke your CPU / OS

In fact, you can only run the # of threads as CPUs you have, so 2 on a dual core - 4 on a quad. The parallelism comes from swapping in and out of the CPU - for 1000 that is too much

For following I use share across accounts feature with 100 threads but it takes several hours to execute even with low amount of accounts!
Please give some figures. How long for how many accounts and items?
RoboSocial

Post by RoboSocial »

Are you serious about swapping? :D
http://blogs.technet.com/b/clinth/archi ... tches.aspx
"Today’s processors are able to handle high amounts of context switches per second and the chart above (done with PAL v2.0 I’m proud to say) shows over 2 million context switches/sec." (2009!)

If I can follow 1 million users per second, after 420 seconds I follow all Tumblr users. :lol:

If I have 1min+ delay then it takes 3 hours 20 minutes or more to follow 200 people if I have <= 100 accounts.
If I want to do it only in hot hours (as a real human) with more than 100 accounts I need to split it into parts and run manually with different actions / instances and do all my work with posting and liking several times. While I already have several sets of accounts with different content and strategy it becomes absolutely messy!
With all my subsets of accounts I need more than 100 threads in processor tab too!

May be Tumblr mark this accounts as low active and no moderators see them! Long delays strategy works for now at least for me.
Please just change this numbers to 1000! Are you afraid of something?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

RoboSocial wrote:Are you serious about swapping? :D
http://blogs.technet.com/b/clinth/archi ... tches.aspx
"Today’s processors are able to handle high amounts of context switches per second and the chart above (done with PAL v2.0 I’m proud to say) shows over 2 million context switches/sec." (2009!)

If I can follow 1 million users per second, after 420 seconds I follow all Tumblr users. :lol:
No, it doesn't work like that. You have the time for TCP connections, then the latency of network etc etc.

Add to that it is a sure fire way to get banned.

Your suggestion noted, but max threads are not being increased
RoboSocial

Post by RoboSocial »

I opened my anti-ban strategy to you. And then you wrote
martin@rootjazz wrote: Your suggestion noted, but max threads are not being increased
I pay $67 for all these cool features but for now I do stupid monkey work managing several instances because 100 is a "nice" number for maximum.
I already have all this threads in different processes and all this works.
But I spend additional hours of work because you just can't! :oops:

You simply can add additional option to remove this two limits to settings tab so most users will be safe of threading threats and my high pauses anti-ban strategy.

Please just do it!
bitcoin

What does the 100 Processor threads maximum in twitterdub actually mean for me?

Post by bitcoin »

I was wondering about this...

I don't think a maximum of 100 Threads for Processors means I can only have 100 Processors? Only that at any given time a maximum of 100 Processors can be active? If so, what happens with Processors beyond 100 that want to start because the schedule tries to run them? Are they paused until new processor run slots are available? Or skipped for the next run?

Thanks!
Last edited by bitcoin on Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

100 threads means 100 actions can run concurrently, if other actions are scheduled to run, then they are waiting for a free thread.