PM "Message Users Once" option

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
exkor5000

PM "Message Users Once" option

Post by exkor5000 »

Hi,

When you go to "Send messages / comments" -> "Search user and PM" there is an option "Message Users Once". I have a few technical questions...

1. Imagine this scenario...
"Message Users Once" option is selected, max messages is set to 10, repeat is set to 1000. I click "PM Followers". Will this option span across all the runs? in other words if I run this operation 1000 times will I only send the message to each of my followers once or is that not guaranteed?

2. How can I massage to all of my follower ( 2000 user ids ) 10 - 20 messages per day while ensuring that I message to one user only once? This is of course without me getting all the 2000 ids, splitting them manually into 2000 / 20 = 100 lists which I will supply as input to the messaging module. Possible?

Thank you!!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: PM "Message Users Once" option

Post by martin@rootjazz »

exkor5000 wrote:Hi,

When you go to "Send messages / comments" -> "Search user and PM" there is an option "Message Users Once". I have a few technical questions...

1. Imagine this scenario...
"Message Users Once" option is selected, max messages is set to 10, repeat is set to 1000. I click "PM Followers". Will this option span across all the runs? in other words if I run this operation 1000 times will I only send the message to each of my followers once or is that not guaranteed?
one message to one user, across all runs, forever (until a database wipe). This is
accountA will send a message to accountB once.

Not accountA sends messageA to accountB
accountA sends messageB to accountB

accountA will only ever send ONE message to accountB
exkor5000 wrote: 2. How can I massage to all of my follower ( 2000 user ids ) 10 - 20 messages per day while ensuring that I message to one user only once? This is of course without me getting all the 2000 ids, splitting them manually into 2000 / 20 = 100 lists which I will supply as input to the messaging module. Possible?

Thank you!!
couple of ways, use the message your followers on a repeat Then each action, your followers are scraped and 10 or so are messaged, wait 24 hours repeat, not sending the message to users who have already had the message

OR scrape a list of followers, then use that list as the basis for the follow.

Both methods are more of less the same, just the list version doesn't require a scrape each action
exkor5000

Post by exkor5000 »

Hey Martin,

Thank you so much for clarifying !!
So my following question would be, when I am through with my messaging campaign and I have gone through all of my account's followers, how do I wipe that datatable ( which hold the already sent data )?

I am sure other people will have the same questions with time so this is great you are responding promptly.

Thank you for your time!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

You cannot :-(

No one has ever had the need to. You message the users once, or many times.

But if you want to be able to, I will add that to the feature suggestions list.
Buff_J

Post by Buff_J »

I have managed to send out a PM to all of my followers. This was pretty straightforward. the issue begins when I want to send out a new message to all of my followers. The process flies through in under 4 seconds. no messages are sent, and the task states as complete.
I am assuming I need to wipe the database. Now I have a bunch of other tasks that rely on the database too. so I don't want to wipe everything. only the part that has to do with the messages. How can I do that?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Buff_J wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:12 pm I have managed to send out a PM to all of my followers. This was pretty straightforward. the issue begins when I want to send out a new message to all of my followers. The process flies through in under 4 seconds. no messages are sent, and the task states as complete.
I am assuming I need to wipe the database. Now I have a bunch of other tasks that rely on the database too. so I don't want to wipe everything. only the part that has to do with the messages. How can I do that?
Uncheck ONCE / UNIQUE option if exists.

But what you want (which doesn't exist in SCM) is a custom "unique_variable". So you can assume each account only gets a message with a custom_unique_variable once. At the moment, it's "one DM only" if unique checked, regardless of message.

This custom_unique_variable allows you send a new message / campaign to followers.

I'll make a note to look into adding it

Regards,
Martin