Recommendations since July 2 changes?

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
getsite2000

Recommendations since July 2 changes?

Post by getsite2000 »

Hi

I've been browsing the forum lately trying to find info about how to use SCM now that there's been changes

I read the whole *** 2nd July 2020 - Soundcloud Manager warning * URGENT*** here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9352

I'm interested in automating very few artist accounts (1-3), with simple tasks like follow, like, play.
Not planning to manage/create mass accounts or anything
I'm looking for some general guidance about how to use SCM now, on aspects such as:

1. Is it possible to use it today? Is it stable or are there some tests still pending?
2. How old should the account be?
3. Can the account be created on any type of email provider?
4. Should we use a Proxy IP or a local IP?
5. Is Auto-Follow working?
6. Is Auto-Like working?
7. Are there specific tasks we now have to do? (Like cleaning cookies or something)
8. Are the daily/monthly activity limits different?
9. or any other stuff worth knowing..

(I lost an artist natural account on July 2, it was about a year old and used manually during this period, the only one I automated for a few days..
but that's not what the topic is about. I'm just afraid I'll lose the next account I try to automate)

Thank you
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Recommendations since July 2 changes?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

maxmax wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:51 pm
1. Is it possible to use it today? Is it stable or are there some tests still pending?
From my tests everything is now fine and no accounts are getting banned. No one is telling me they are still losing accounts so I can assume things are back to normal
2. How old should the account be?
Doesn't matter. But with new accounts, don't go in too hard too soon. Go slow and build up
3. Can the account be created on any type of email provider?
I believe soundcloud blocks some email providers, but I cannot remember who. But typically you should be fine for the main email sources
4. Should we use a Proxy IP or a local IP?
depends. If you want to hide the IP controlling the accounts, you need proxies.
If you want to run a lot of accounts you need proxies.
If you have 5 personal accounts and always log in from home, then it is fine to use the accounts in SCM. Just don't goo too hard too fast at the same time
5. Is Auto-Follow working?
yes
6. Is Auto-Like working?
yes
7. Are there specific tasks we now have to do? (Like cleaning cookies or something)
No
8. Are the daily/monthly activity limits different?
Different to what? Things are not the same as they were a year ago or 5 years ago if that is what you mean. What are the limits? I don't know. Only way to know is to cross the limits multiple times and figure out. ok if I do (x) for (y) days I get banned.
9. or any other stuff worth knowing..
go slow
try and be realistic
Soundcloud have shown they are going after bots to some extent, so keep under the radar, don't spam, don't annoy, don't degrade the service for others and you'll be fine

Regards,
Martin
getsite2000

Post by getsite2000 »

Thank you for the detailed answer Martin

(About limits: I was wondering if there were new activity limits that appeared in early July 2020 and were known of today)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

maxmax wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:51 pm
(I lost an artist natural account on July 2, it was about a year old and used manually during this period, the only one I automated for a few days..
but that's not what the topic is about. I'm just afraid I'll lose the next account I try to automate)

Thank you
Just noticed I missed this. Only accounts I heard getting lots were promotional / bulk / fake accounts. Some users reports "real" accounts, but the fact they had 100 of them, leads me to think we have different definitions of real. But if you did lose an artist account then it must have been to the issue pre July2nd.

Can I guarantee this won't happen again? Unfortunately not. If Soundcloud change something again but does not fail the actions, just use it as bot indication and ban the accounts later. It will always be a reaction from our side. Reports of bans come in, we investigate, find the change and update the program.

So there is a risk - there always is. But as of today, things are stable. That's all I can say confidently. Will it be ok tomorrow? I cannot say for 100%.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

maxmax wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:06 am Thank you for the detailed answer Martin

(About limits: I was wondering if there were new activity limits that appeared in early July 2020 and were known of today)
All I know is, with the new update that fixed the Jul2nd issues, I had no issues. One user reported creating accounts then instantly following 50+ accounts and lost "some" accounts, not all, but some.

Whether there were other patterns, the IP / proxy, or following 50 users within (n) minutes within 1 hour of creating the accounts.

But I did not have this issue.

That's all the information I have. So it was determined there may be reduced limits for brand new accounts - it would make sense