soundcloud charts

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
haroldjohnson

soundcloud charts

Post by haroldjohnson »

is there a way i can use this to get my song on the soundcloud charts?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: soundcloud charts

Post by martin@rootjazz »

No one knows exactly how SC decides who to show in the tracks. But it is probably something along the lines of plays / reposts / likes / comments / reposts calculated in a time period.

Note, I would imagine a repost / like /play comment from an established account with (n) followers is worth a lot more than 100 likes / plays etc from brand new zero follower accounts. Which is why some people who only throw public proxy plays and use brand new, 0 reputation bulk accounts do not achieve instant success

Can you use the program to do the former, very much so
haroldjohnson

Post by haroldjohnson »

do the proxies i use matter?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

haroldjohnson wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:12 am do the proxies i use matter?
Only Soundcloud know for sure. I would imagine a crappy bulk used spam blacklisted proxy is not as valid as a high quality residential IP address.

But a like /repost / comment / play from an account that is 5 years old, has 10,000 followers is a lot better than 10,000 plays from indonesian / chinese proxy IPs.

The best you can do is think "what would I do if I was soundcloud". Soundcloud doesn't seemingly mind too much about bots / plays boosting. However, they do care about there charts not being corrupted by any and all spammers with access to public proxies. So how can they counter that? I would weight HEAVILY on the quality of the accounts performing the interactions and run my metrics off those. That will rule out the 90% of basic spammers. Then you have the 9% with an army of public proxy bulk accounts with <10 followers. Hell, I'd ignore all accounts with less <100 followers. Now we are down to probably 0.05% of spammers, so how can you rule those out? I'd keep a quality score on every account, does the account show bot like behaviour, odd usage patterns etc. If so, they get a low score. I wouldn't ban them outright, nothing wrong with well behaved spam accounts who don't overly annoy people (plus keeps the user numbers up for when we need to go for funding), I'd only ban if they were annoying: comment / dm spam, pushing over the limits. But that quality score would be used to rate your track interactions. This would wipe out all but the remaining 0.01% of bots which I could live with.

That's what I would do, so I imagine Soundcloud does something similar.

But want to know what works? Look at tracks in the charts already, look for patterns, there may / probably are ways to game the system, but no one is going to tell you. That is work for you to do. And if you find out. Keep your mouth shut. Nothing kills a working solution than telling everyone about it.