Issue With Failing Actions

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Issue With Failing Actions

Post by martin@rootjazz »

ahhh, are you select RUN NOW on actions with the processor not on? That would cause it.

If so, turn the processor ON first.

I will make it so you cannot select RUN NOW if it isn't
wowthatscool

Post by wowthatscool »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:01 am ahhh, are you select RUN NOW on actions with the processor not on? That would cause it.

If so, turn the processor ON first.

I will make it so you cannot select RUN NOW if it isn't
It is on. its processing it just gives me that error
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Then I have no idea.

I have added debugging to log the value of the setting so we should be able to see what is happening. I will let you know when it is ready
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

https://soundcloudmanager.com/updatetesting.html

install the update
clear logs: HELP > LOGS > VIEW > Delete all files

***IMPORTANT**** AUTORUN MUST BE OFF. If it was on, turn it off and RESTART ***IMPORTANT****

Turn processor on, run your actions / or add and run

If the issue happens, submit logs

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

REGARDS,
MARTIN
wowthatscool

Post by wowthatscool »

I downloaded the new update and imnot getting that error but the processes are going extra slow. I left them up over night and they havent liked any thing. Here is my number 71719
wowthatscool

Post by wowthatscool »

All of my custom favoriting actions arent doing any thing but it says they are processing.All the logs say "Start search: Latest track of with: https://soundcloud.com/djiovanadvinyat(10) using: baller baller" After that it doesnt do anything.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

wowthatscool wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:56 pm All of my custom favoriting actions arent doing any thing but it says they are processing.All the logs say "Start search: Latest track of with: https://soundcloud.com/djiovanadvinyat(10) using: baller baller" After that it doesnt do anything.
clear logs: HELP > LOGS > VIEW > Delete all files

***IMPORTANT**** AUTORUN MUST BE OFF. If it was on, turn it off and RESTART ***IMPORTANT****

Turn processor on, run A SINGLE FAVOURITE action

If the action runs slow submit logs

DO NOT RUN ANY OTHER ACTIONS.
DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE WHEN RUNNING THE TEST.
This is important, if you do, I will need to ask you to repeat the above as stated

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

wowthatscool wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:09 pm I downloaded the new update and imnot getting that error but the processes are going extra slow. I left them up over night and they havent liked any thing. Here is my number 71719
Because of your search and filter settings. Every time you set a filter, multiple ADDITIONAL requests have to be made and check PER RESULT.

So a single request can grab 100 results
1 request = 100 results.
You then set a filter, we now need AT LATEST 100 requests (possibly more depends on filter), so now we need 101 requests for 100 results.

This takes time. So you must think about your filters and know why you are setting them, not just "I will set these because... because".

You set a filter: comments must be within: 0 and 100,000

How many tracks have more than 100k comments? it is basically a pointless filter. So you have increased your required requests by 100, for no reason.

Briefly looking at your filter settings, there is no need for them. Remove the filter, run the action, searching completes in a few minutes

Filters are powerful when used wisely, otherwise you are just increasing time / #requests needlessly

Regards,
Martin
wowthatscool

Post by wowthatscool »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:12 pm
wowthatscool wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:09 pm I downloaded the new update and imnot getting that error but the processes are going extra slow. I left them up over night and they havent liked any thing. Here is my number 71719
Because of your search and filter settings. Every time you set a filter, multiple ADDITIONAL requests have to be made and check PER RESULT.

1 request = 100 results.
You then set a filter, we now need AT LATEST 100 requests (possibly more depends on filter), so now we need 101 requests for 100 results.

This takes time. So you must think about your filters and know why you are setting them, not just "I will set these because... because".

How many tracks have more than 100k comments? it is basically a pointless filter. So you have increased your required requests by 100, for no reason.

Briefly looking at your filter settings, there is no need for them. Remove the filter, run the action, searching completes in a few minutes

Filters are powerful when used wisely, otherwise you are just increasing time / #requests needlessly

Regards,
Martin
ok thank you. I just set it at 100,000 because it was at 0 and i thought thats why it wasnt liking any tracks. I will try putting it back to 0 and see what happens
wowthatscool

Post by wowthatscool »

wowthatscool wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:59 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:12 pm

1 request = 100 results.

Regards,
Martin
ok thank you. I just set it at 100,000 because it was at 0 and i thought thats why it wasnt liking any tracks. I will try putting it back to 0 and see what happens
i fixed it and it didnt change anything. Its still stuck at the same spot. The new code is 44986