Guidance with: Monitor reposts, unique followers, URL filepath, similar artists

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
Momo Slai

Guidance with: Monitor reposts, unique followers, URL filepath, similar artists

Post by Momo Slai »

Hi Martin!

I want to start with saying i am a big fan of SC manager! been planning on purchasing it for a while and what fascinates me is your timely support over email (which i sent by mistake) wish i bought it earlier! :D

Since its my first time i ham having a few ideas that i am not sure how to achieve did a few searches in the forum but couldnt find a direction.

My ideas are:
1 is it possible to monitor a group of profiles that upon uploading tracks SCM detects it and automatically repost to my accounts?
2 When a group of my accounts follow the followers of profile X do these accounts follow the same people as duplicates or can SCM get unique only?
3 In a couple of tabs i see the URL filepath how is it different from a local file and what goes in there?
4 What is the best way to acquire followers from a group of similar profiles instead of individual profiles?

I know these probably are newbie questions but hey thats me i am new to SCM and the forum! :D

With lots of love respect and appreciation! <3
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Guidance with: Monitor reposts, unique followers, URL filepath, similar artists

Post by martin@rootjazz »

saoudi wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:14 pm
My ideas are:
1 is it possible to monitor a group of profiles that upon uploading tracks SCM detects it and automatically repost to my accounts?
If you only want to perform on NEW tracks, first you'd need to whitelist all existing tracks.
So goto
SCRAPER tab
and scrape all tracks from user.

To whitelist:
goto REPOST tab, click the whitelist / blacklist button and specify the contents of the save file from the above search.

Now you can create a REPOST action with custom search
USER TRACKS

Repeat the action every 24 hours / 48 hours or once a week (up to you) and the program will scrape the users tracks, if any new tracks found, they will be reposted.

WARNING do not scrape for new tracks too often, there is no need to do it hourly (unless tracks are posted hourly) and over scraping can lead to problems as it is a tell tale sign of automation

2 When a group of my accounts follow the followers of profile X do these accounts follow the same people as duplicates or can SCM get unique only?
To not process duplicate items across multiple accounts, you have multiple options.

1) SHARED ACTIONS.
When you run a SHARED ACTION, the "already processed" lists for each account in the shared action is used to ensure, no item is processed if any of the accounts in the shared action have already processed the item. Additionally, the items that are processed in the shared action are recorded by all accounts and not processed by any account (in the shared action) in the future (even if an account is running a single account action)

2) Manual MERGE PROCESSED ITEMS.
On the action tabs (eg follow tab) you can select multiple accounts and select MERGE PROCESSED ITEMS. This will run a function to merge the processed items lists of all selected accounts at that point in time. Meaning no item processed by any account in the merge *already* will be processed again. This is a one-off merge, meaning the processed lists will diverge as you run more separate actions in future. Please note, if you perform this on the follow tab, only the followed processed items are merged.

3) Global processed logs - (most of the time people want this option)
Again, on the action tabs (eg follow tab) select your accounts, right click GLOBAL PROCESSED LOGS > ADD
What this does is sync all select accounts togeth their processed lists. This means the synced accounts will never process duplicate items regardless of what type of actions is used (shared / single). The difference between (2) "manual merge" is that this is a permanent sync, there will never be any duplication. Again this only applies to the action tab applied to (so only follow items if performed on the follow tab, only like items if performed on like tab)

3 In a couple of tabs i see the URL filepath how is it different from a local file and what goes in there?
you can enter a URL, or a filepath of URLs to bulk create actions easily

[quote
4 What is the best way to acquire followers from a group of similar profiles instead of individual profiles?
[/quote]
There is no "best way" and a lot depends on your music / the genre etc. But high quality targeting of users likely to be interested in your music helps. The quality of your music also helps.

That said, some general info:

In order to gain real followers, real likes, real plays on your tracks there are various methods you can use. For this, there is more information on the forum

Soundcloud Manger Strategies for a single account
https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=439

Soundcloud Promotion Strategies
https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=399

With lots of love respect and appreciation! <3
[/quote]