Advice on How to Scrape More Users?

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
joeybad47

Advice on How to Scrape More Users?

Post by joeybad47 »

Hi Martin,

I have been using the 'Scrape Tracks: Term or Path' feature now for many months in order to scrape users who have uploaded a track in the last day. I have a .txt file with over 100+ keywords, including all genres, top SoundCloud search terms, and other common music related keywords.
I have been able to consistently scrape about 28,000 unique results daily, of users who have uploaded a track in the last day.

My ideal goal however would be to scrape ALL users who upload tracks in the past 24 hours. I was wondering if you had any advice on how to go about getting more results? SoundCloud states users upload about 12 hours of audio every minute, so there must be many more users uploading than just 28,000 in a 24 hours period.

Just to note; I have my max scrape results set to 99,000 in settings, so I am not being limited by this.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Advice on How to Scrape More Users?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Sorry for late replied. I must have missed this on Thursday / Friday.
SoundCloud states users upload about 12 hours of audio every minute
Soundcloud may lie. More users, more funding they can go for.

But what you doing is probably the best. Scraping via keyword genre / tag. The only way would be more keywords I guess.
joeybad47

Re: Advice on How to Scrape More Users?

Post by joeybad47 »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:13 pm Sorry for late replied. I must have missed this on Thursday / Friday.
SoundCloud states users upload about 12 hours of audio every minute
Soundcloud may lie. More users, more funding they can go for.

But what you doing is probably the best. Scraping via keyword genre / tag. The only way would be more keywords I guess.
Thanks for your input