Scraping Problem

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
joeybad47

Scraping Problem

Post by joeybad47 »

Hey,

This is a relatively small issue but if it could be fixed it would save me hours and hours of work per week!

Each day I use the 'Scrape Tracks: Term or Path' feature under the 'Scraper Tab' to scrape users who uploaded tracks in the past 24 hours, by selecting 'Last Day' from the 'Date Added' drop down menu. When entering a single term, it successfully scrapes users from the past 24 hours and saves to saved data file. However, if I enter I filepath with multiple terms, it does in fact scrape the users, but for some reason it ignores the 'Date Added' option, and just scrapes users from any date (which is useless to me).

I have over 100 terms that I enter in daily manually, but it would be great if you could fix the feature so that when specifying a filepath, it scrapes from the selected 'Date Added' time for each and every term within the filepath.

Below is how to recreate to issue exactly, in case I was unclear:

>Go to scraper tab
>Specify filepath with multiple search terms in the 'Scrape Tracks: Term or Path" bar
>Select 'Last Day' from 'date added' drop down menu
>Click 'Scrape users' to create the action

**Once completed, notice that the saved data file includes users who uploaded tracks from any date, ignoring the 'Last Day' option

Thank you!
support@rootjazz

Re: Scraping Problem

Post by support@rootjazz »

joeybad47 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:17 pm Hey,

This is a relatively small issue but if it could be fixed it would save me hours and hours of work per week!

Each day I use the 'Scrape Tracks: Term or Path' feature under the 'Scraper Tab' to scrape users who uploaded tracks in the past 24 hours, by selecting 'Last Day' from the 'Date Added' drop down menu. When entering a single term, it successfully scrapes users from the past 24 hours and saves to saved data file. However, if I enter I filepath with multiple terms, it does in fact scrape the users, but for some reason it ignores the 'Date Added' option, and just scrapes users from any date (which is useless to me).

I have over 100 terms that I enter in daily manually, but it would be great if you could fix the feature so that when specifying a filepath, it scrapes from the selected 'Date Added' time for each and every term within the filepath.

Below is how to recreate to issue exactly, in case I was unclear:

>Go to scraper tab
>Specify filepath with multiple search terms in the 'Scrape Tracks: Term or Path" bar
>Select 'Last Day' from 'date added' drop down menu
>Click 'Scrape users' to create the action

**Once completed, notice that the saved data file includes users who uploaded tracks from any date, ignoring the 'Last Day' option

Thank you!

trying to replicate this issue -

I have replicated the issue and it seems the users are not current "last day" track uploaders.
I have tried with 2-4 search terms users and none of them are compatible with the filterred resiult.
I am reporting admin to have a look and investigate more on this. Please be patient.

Regards
joeybad47

Post by joeybad47 »

Great thanks, awaiting martins reply
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

When you specify a text file, the controls are ignored and all values are expected to come from the file as a CSV

so if you are searching for
title: promo
genre: techno
dt: last_day

you would specify the file line as

promo,techno,last_day

Regards,
Martin
joeybad47

Post by joeybad47 »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:18 am When you specify a text file, the controls are ignored and all values are expected to come from the file as a CSV

so if you are searching for
title: promo
genre: techno
dt: last_day

you would specify the file line as

promo,techno,last_day

Regards,
Martin
Awesome, thanks a ton for clearing that up :D
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »