Changing Names

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
support@rootjazz

Re: Changing Names

Post by support@rootjazz »

Db949 wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:39 pm When I'm trying to create accounts it keeps putting my accounts user names where the city and country is supposed to be. Even when I put cities down in the set country code / city tab it still shows up like that when you go to the account profile page.

BTW, how can I insert an image from my laptop to further explain things here, like a print screen in a png file for example? It only allows http links

Please submit proper instructions on how you're creating the action - exact steps what you click, what you check, what value you put - what IP - how many proxy is used. All the information taht you'll think we need.

You could have found the answer if you have searched on the forum. :)

You need to follow below steps:

Get the screenshot
Upload it to postimages.org or similar images hosters that returns absolute image path
( example: http://thedomain.com/images/uploads/the ... gename.jpg ).

You need to get the absolute image path and post the link between

Code: Select all

[img][/img]
tags.

That's it and hit post. You'll see the image showed up. This is actually called image embed.
support@rootjazz

For some reason I can't change the user names of my accounts if there is a space in the username. For example, it fails if I put 'James Rahman' as the user name but is successful when I put \JamesRahman' in this format. This makes it look fake and not realistic, please help.

Kind regards,
DB
Not sure why this name is not taken. Can you please run the action of create account with that name and send us the log?

Just double click on the processing actiona nd then copy the log and paste it here and i will see what is wrong there.

Are you changing or creating accounts as i saw you said
I can't change the user names of my accounts
I'm trying to create accounts it keeps putting my accounts user names where the city and country is supposed to be.
username but not the first and second name too?
I am a bit confused. Can you please repost exactly what are you trying to do?
If you want accounts with same name then that should not be an issue.
If you want same permalink ( soundcloud.com/myname) then that is not possible as permaliks are unique value.
& how come we have the option to change the username but not the first and second name too? I think it should be Username,First,Last when you tick the box; like in the creating accounts option.

Random username
Random number both cehcked
male or female radio button checked
Number of accounts is crucial

Regards
support@rootjazz

Total Accounts 1 created so far after loop: 0
Verifying email accounts
Started: 27/03/2018 23:58 PM

Now most of them just say user lol
Can you please reply to the questions i have asked?
To be honest - this is really mandatory why this issue is happening. If you don't answer those questions then how could i help more?
We ask questions for more details that could cause the issue and after having the informations, we check each of them and later come to a conclusion and then make changes. Yes. The log is needed but log DO NOT HOLDS ALL THE DATA always. So, if you answer those above questions then it would be great to help you better. :)

It just says 'fail - perhaps username in use?' when I try to change the username.. Doesn't really say much. It only goes through if I don't leave a space .. For example, If I was to put 'OmarJordan' it would have probably gone through.

Well, let me clear you.
Set: un: Omar Jordan : fn: Omar : ln: Jordan
This is nota correct fromat.

This is the correct format.
You really need to understand what usernames are. A unique name identifier which is only 1 in soundcloud and which has no duplicate in soundcloud.

For example:

https://soundcloud.com/edsheeran

The iimage has the right format on how to use and if you use that format then you;ll see success only if the USERNAME is available.
Also, USERNAME do not consists of any WHITE SPACE.If you want to put white space then it will fail surely.

The update accounts tab has the proper details above the user details input field as we can the iin the image. :)
Now most of them just say user lol
Yes. This issue has been noticed 1 time previously and we didn't get proper data on how the user is creating the account so we couldn't detct the proper issues. Can you please? I have asked already above.

Regards
support@rootjazz

Db949 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:41 am My only issue is there is no spacing in the display name. I though the display name and username were the same but from your explanation it seems like they are two different things. What I am understanding from your explanation is that the username is more like the permalink and not the display name. If so, there should be an option to change the display name and not only the username.

Kind regards,
DB
Now i get it. :lol:
If i understand correctly, then the feature is not available in SCM. You can set only username, fname, lname.

You want to show a gap where fname lname hsows in SC. That is not doable via SC site and android app. I have checked them both.
Perhaps, there is an option in iOS app or somehwere else. But, that feature is not available in SCM.

Regards