Question Regarding Actions

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
shaner4042

Question Regarding Actions

Post by shaner4042 »

Hey Martin,

I am running all my accounts via private proxy (about 5000 accounts with 450 proxies), and they had been working for a few months, but I guess SoundCloud has caught on and it seems they have blacklisted all my proxies since all my accounts have failed login. I am in the process of getting them swapped out, and I will reassign the new proxies to the accounts once I receive them, so that should solve that problem.

My only concern is that I have hundreds of actions set up from before, which I have paused atm. I am just wondering if when I resume these actions once I have assigned the new proxies, will it use the newly assigned proxies to carry out the actions (like, repost, comment), or will it use the proxies from when the action was initially created. Just need to know, because of course the latter would pose a problem.

Thanks.
Quality1

Re: Question Regarding Actions

Post by Quality1 »

It will use the updated proxy if you change it in the database and re-do the action.
shaner4042

Post by shaner4042 »

Quality1 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:16 pm It will use the updated proxy if you change it in the database and re-do the action.
Thanks for the response. By change in the database, are you referring to the normal way of doing that -- going to accounts tab, removing assigned proxies, and reassigning them from there? Or are you referring to another way?

And I must manually click 'redo' on all actions then?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

If the actions are running, then the proxy will be the OLD proxy, even if you update it.

This is because when the action starts, it loads the proxy from file to memory for THAT action. Thus any change made to disk, is not known by the running action.

Additionally, be aware that when the action completes it will write the account from memory to disk with last run times and some other metrics OVERWRITING any information saved since that account was loaded.

So you would be best, to restart the app, with all actions in WAITING mode, then bulk update proxies **** then when actions start they will read from disk again, picking up the new account proxy

Goto the ACCOUNTS tab
IMPORT the proxies you want to use to the proxy control
CHECK the accounts you want to update
Under the accounts list control, you will see a link
ACCOUNTS PROXIES > REASSIGN PROXIES

Now each proxy in the proxy control will be used in sequence to all the selected accounts