Mass Comment Filter Problem

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
killthemall211

Mass Comment Filter Problem

Post by killthemall211 »

Yo Guys,

Hopefully I am at the right place to ask this. I have a few problems when installing my filters for mass commenting.

When I go here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7z3avqjxzfu6l ... y.png?dl=0
I experienced 2 problems with my filter. I can not filter track length and genre.

I try to set up this toolbar: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ob9mzjx01txkc ... 1.png?dl=0

And then I tried the "Filter" beneath the "Set Comment" knob. Then I created the following filter:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8706o8p71x9us ... e.png?dl=0

Both functions did not work: The filter genre. I also commented on genres that where not on the genres I typed in as CSV. And also the track length did not work properly. I also commented on tracks longer then 7 minutes.

Can somebody tell me what to do to fix this? Please let me know. Thanks in advance :)

Friendly regards,

Tom
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Comment Filter Problem

Post by martin@rootjazz »

firstly to avoid confusion, you are NOT on the mass comment tab, this is the COMMENT tab.

I would remove those filtered genres, they are not going to help in the search you are trying to perform.
You are already performing an ADVANCED search, so put your genre in the genre search box. Then no need to filter which is restrictive (removes results) whereas with a genre search all results are of your genre (inclusive)

so now we come to the only issue, you say TRACK LENGTH is not working.

What I would need to see is logs showing it not working.

Please perform the following:

Open the program. Delete or pause all existing actions. If actions are already running due to autorun on startup, disable autorun at startup and restart the app. All actions must be waiting, then pause all (or delete)

Delete existing logs
HELP > LOGS > VIEW
delete all files in the folder that opens

Perform the action:
goto COMMENT tab
specify an advanced search: <title>,<genre>,<uploaded>,<length>
i.e. a,house,last_week,2minutes (or whatever that option is)
maxitems: 3

run the action, then submit logs

PLEASE NOTE: Do not perform other actions at the same time. Only use one thread. Do not run any actions after this action.

Then submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

and let me know the LOGS ID (just the number part is sufficient)

Regards,
Martin
killthemall211

Re: Mass Comment Filter Problem

Post by killthemall211 »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I did a big reply on this not even a few days ago. But when I look at it now, my reply is gone. Did you delete it, or is there a way to get it back? Haha thanks in advance, this is pretty weird.

Friendly regards,

Tom
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I haven't removed anything. I've only ever removed spam posts and where one user got offensive at another user, otherwise everything stays, warts and all.

If the post is not here, it is lost in the ether for ever...
killthemall211

Post by killthemall211 »

Weird, I guess I lost the reply on our end. This time I safe it as well on my own PC, to be sure haha.

Thanks a lot for the andvanced and quick answer, I wish I could reply earlier but I had some things come in between.

alright you are saying the following:
“I would remove those filtered genres, they are not going to help in the search you are trying to perform.
You are already performing an ADVANCED search, so put your genre in the genre search box. Then no need to filter which is restrictive (removes results) whereas with a genre search all results are of your genre (inclusive)”

BUT my question here is, you are telling me to put the genres in the genre search box. But can you be more specific? Maybe with some screenshots, or a route to this genre box? Cause I think there are multiple to chose from, and I don’t know which one you are talking about.
And I got like 10 genres where I want to find tracks for to comment on. So I only want to comment on tracks within one of those 10 genres.

Beside of that, about the task you gave me; I got the logs which you asked. I entered the information of: <title>,<genre>,<uploaded>,<length>
I also specified where to look for tracks to comment on. I chose to enter a SoundCloud channel, I entered “followers of” and then -> “Latest track of”

Then I hit "Search".
The genre as well as the time, which I entered where you told me to, didn’t work. In the logs I think you can see what genres, and what track length I was supposed to comment too. Track length: <2 mins
Genres: future bass;trap;electronic;bass;hip-hop;Dance & EDM;deep house;dubstep;Dance & EDM;electro;house;dancehall;hiphop & Rap;pop

And in the end, I commented on this track: https://soundcloud.com/kvatcher/the-har ... hine-remix
Which did not had both of those 2 criteria.

My support ID was: logs_62077_tomitmsupportnl_3.3.7.2_Soundcloud Manager_

Let me know what I am doing wrong, or if you find anything bad. I appreciate any effort a lot. So thanks for that!

Looking forward to your reply.

Tom
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

tombosch36 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:27 am Weird, I guess I lost the reply on our end. This time I safe it as well on my own PC, to be sure haha.

Thanks a lot for the andvanced and quick answer, I wish I could reply earlier but I had some things come in between.

alright you are saying the following:
“I would remove those filtered genres, they are not going to help in the search you are trying to perform.
You are already performing an ADVANCED search, so put your genre in the genre search box. Then no need to filter which is restrictive (removes results) whereas with a genre search all results are of your genre (inclusive)”

BUT my question here is, you are telling me to put the genres in the genre search box. But can you be more specific? Maybe with some screenshots, or a route to this genre box? Cause I think there are multiple to chose from, and I don’t know which one you are talking about.
And I got like 10 genres where I want to find tracks for to comment on. So I only want to comment on tracks within one of those 10 genres.
At the end of the day we have to work within the functionalities that SC provides. SCM does try to provide improvements to what you can do on Soundcloud, but it can still only work within the confines of what is allowed.

So, do you understand the issue with your original search? Relying on a restrictive filter is going to cause you to remove a high % of results. So the program finds 100 and your filter keeps 1. This means LOTS of wasted requests to SC, lots of requests "could" be a bot footprint.

To give an example.
Find 100 tracks with "hello" in the title
Filter: include tracks only with "hiphop" as a genre.

the results of the search will return tracks with any possible genres and you are then restricting it. You "can" make this work, if your search term is likely to return tracks of your genre filter, for example, if your title search keyword was "gangsta", then chances are a high % will include "hiphop" as a genre.

But search for a title of "beautiful love" and probably not so many tracks will return a track of hiphop... So is up to you to make these restrictive filters work.

And I got like 10 genres where I want to find tracks for to comment on.
Here we are confined by SC. You cannot perform a track search searching for any of XYZ genres, you have to perform 10 separate searches. That is how soundcloud works.

So your options here are
1) perform 10 actions in SCM

:-)

At least this way, 100% of your results will be on genre.
search1: give me tracks of genre1
search2: give me tracks of genre2
search10: give me tracks of genre10

You can find the ADVANCED TRACK SEARCH options, as it is the search that includes
TITLE / GENRE / DATE ADDED / TRACK LENGTH

TIP
In the advanced search, you can bulk add actions via a text file. In the textfile, specify the search as a CSV one search per line

Code: Select all

,hiphop,last_day
,house,last_week
,techno,last_month
,edm,last_hour
Note the CSV is
title,genre,date,length

so we leave title empty, by a pre ,

Beside of that, about the task you gave me; I got the logs which you asked. I entered the information of: <title>,<genre>,<uploaded>,<length>
I also specified where to look for tracks to comment on. I chose to enter a SoundCloud channel, I entered “followers of” and then -> “Latest track of”

Then I hit "Search".
The genre as well as the time, which I entered where you told me to, didn’t work. In the logs I think you can see what genres, and what track length I was supposed to comment too. Track length: <2 mins
Genres: future bass;trap;electronic;bass;hip-hop;Dance & EDM;deep house;dubstep;Dance & EDM;electro;house;dancehall;hiphop & Rap;pop
What didn't work? I need more information "didn't work" could mean anything. Please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you as quickly as possible without delays in having to request additional information :)

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

And in the end, I commented on this track: https://soundcloud.com/kvatcher/the-har ... hine-remix
Which did not had both of those 2 criteria.

My support ID was: logs_62077_tomitmsupportnl_3.3.7.2_Soundcloud Manager_
from the logs, I am not seeing a filter applied. Let me test to ensure it is being applied to that specific search flow
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Then I hit "Search".
Actually I am confused, either you perform a :
CUSTOM SEARCH
or
FOLLOWERS OF

it is one or the other, by the looks of the logs, FOLLOWERS OF was perform and not the advanced search with genre / track length. By specifying the custom search, the advanced track search is void
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

have tested the search with a filter and it runs correctly.

Please perform the following:

Open the program. Delete or pause all existing actions. If actions are already running due to autorun on startup, disable autorun at startup and restart the app. All actions must be waiting, then pause all (or delete)

Delete existing logs
HELP > LOGS > VIEW
delete all files in the folder that opens

Perform the action:
create your follow action
WITH filter
decide if you want TRACK SEARCH / custom search, then specify one of
run action
submit logs

PLEASE NOTE: Do not perform other actions at the same time. Only use one thread. Do not run any actions after this action.

Then submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

and let me know the LOGS ID (just the number part is sufficient)

Regards,
Martin
killthemall211

Post by killthemall211 »

This is getting pretty weird haha, I guess I am doing something very wrong. I know for 100% this time I posted a reply to the big message of you. And it dissapeared again. But okay I will get back to this again.
martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:53 pm Actually I am confused, either you perform a :
CUSTOM SEARCH
or
FOLLOWERS OF

it is one or the other, by the looks of the logs, FOLLOWERS OF was perform and not the advanced search with genre / track length. By specifying the custom search, the advanced track search is void
According to this quote, I wanted to make sure something. Does this mean I can not combine the function:
"Custom Search", which consists out of targeting on the followers of 1 channel. And combine this with other functions like filtering out the genre?

This makes things really clear for me.

BUT if, this is possible, I think my SC Manager isn't acting weird. I think that I just don't exactly know what I am doing haha. In this case, I think the best method how to solve this problem, is by telling you what I wanted to do, and maybe you could tell me how I can achieve that goal. Maybe with screenshots, maybe with another blog post that has already covered this. I don't know. I personally think it will be hard to explain in words how to execute my task to program SC Manager. So I would prefer pictures/a video's for this if you see any possibility in this. That would be totally amazing.

So this is what I wanted to do:
I want to target to the followers of 10 different SoundCloud channels. And NOT like "they need to follow all of the 10 channels", but they need to follow 1 of those 10 channels. So I can target on a bigger audience.

But these followers need to meet the following criteria:
- They need to be an active user, within 7 days.
- They need to have a track uploaded in the last 2 months
- This track needs to be between 2 and 10 minutes.
- Also this track needs to be one of the 10 genres which I choose. Not all of them, but just 1 out of the 10 genres is enough.

Finally, now it becomes complex, I need to comment on there latest track. And I got a collection of 100 comments. This collection of 100 comments consists out of 10 batches, so 10 batches times 10 comments. Each batch is qualified for 1 of the 10 genres. So if a track qualifies for all of the criteria I said before, and the genre which I targeted on for instance, is Hip-Hop, the SC Manager needs to write a comment out of the comment batch, which is intended for Hip-Hop.

And YES I also read you saying that you need to work within the boundairies of SoundCloud. And you said something about the genre, that If I want to target on 10 different genres, I need to perform 10 different searches. So I really want to know how I can perform my total task(s), with bypassing the boundaries of SoundCloud. And how to perform these individual searches, cause I have no idea haha.

I can totally understand if things are not fully clear. Cause there is a big chance that I miss important information. If there are things not clear to you, can you point it out for me precisely what isn't clear, so I can try to explain it better.

Sorry for not working out with the logs. I just think that the logs will conclude that I do something wrong within the SC Manager. So I guess this is the best way of working out my problem. But I still really appreciate the great service till now. And I can totally recommend SC Manager to my friends :)

Tom
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

sorry delay in replying to this. I just noticed it. I will go through that wall of text tomorrow as just spent the last 12 hours debugging the SC login routine and I don't have the power to read all that :)