Running some accounts at the same time

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
omers101

Running some accounts at the same time

Post by omers101 »

I tried to run three accounts at the same time but i had a problem..
When i go to "processing" (the robot icon) the progress shows "Waiting" and the system needs to finish one account actions, and only when it finishes the specific account it moves to the next one. It doesnt work on some accounts at the same time.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Running some accounts at the same time

Post by martin@rootjazz »

This is actually covered in the first page of the docs as it gets asked so much :)

https://soundcloudmanager.com/documentation

But you have ONE ACTION PER ACCOUNT turned on. It is a safety measure to stop new users of the program going WOW I CAN RUN 100 THINGS AT ONCE... then send me an irate email "you piece of shit my account is blocked for a week :)

So you have to go to the SETTINGS tab and turn this setting off, hopefully by doing so you know what you are doing.
omers101

Post by omers101 »

ONE ACTION PER ACCOUNT - Its not working.. for example, if i have 3 accounts i look at the list of the actions and i see that the system is completing the actions one after one in the order that the accounts are arranged. so i have to wait the system to finish 3 actions of account number one and only after its completed it starts the actions of account number two.
THE PROBLEM IS THAT I WANT THAT EVERY ACCOUNT WILL DO ACTION AT THE SAME TIME, AND NOT TO WAIT UNTIL THE SYSTEM WILL FINISH ALL THE ACTIONS OF ONE ACCOUNT AND MOVE TO THE NEXT.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

and you have increased the number of threads as well?

If you change the number of threads as required and turn off PROCESS ONE ACTION (and click save) it will process.
omers101

Post by omers101 »

Okay i understand.
Can you tell me what is the frequency of accounts versus threads?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

sorry I don't understand.

1 thread can run 1 action.

so 10 thread, you can run 10 actions in the processor
omers101

Post by omers101 »

My question is if i have more accounts so i need to raise up the number of threads?
Like if i have 3 accounts i need to set 3 threads and if i have 10 accounts so i need to set 10 threads? 1 thread for each account?
What is the measurement?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

1 thread 1 action.

you can have one account or 100 accounts, is irrelevant.

You create actions, those actions are sent to the processor, then processed in sequence.

So if you send 100 actions to the processor and set 1 thread, they are completed one at a time.
set 100 threads and all 100 actions run at the same time. Regardless of whether those accounts are using 1, 10 or 100 accounts*

* there is a safety option, on the settings tab SINGLE ACTION PER ACCOUNT, which will only allow one action to run concurrently per account. But you can turn this on / off as you want.