Follow

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
Bartekef

Follow

Post by Bartekef »

Hey Martin

I try to export soundcloud profile urls to .txt with use of artist filter (track uploaded last 365 days, specifically)

So, I go to scraper, go to Artist filter on the top, change 0 to 365 in 'uploaded a track in X days', click save,
then go down to 'scrape tracks: term or path', I put what I want to search, and click 'scrape users' next to the window

SCM of course brillantly work giving me list of profiles I was looking for, BUT, it gives me every profile, even those with track uploaded 2 years ago

Could you please help me out with that? LOGS: 38769

Thank you!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Follow

Post by martin@rootjazz »

checking your logs
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

So, I go to scraper, go to Artist filter on the top, change 0 to 365 in 'uploaded a track in X days', click save,
then go down to 'scrape tracks: term or path', I put what I want to search, and click 'scrape users' next to the window

Rather than set a filter, in the DATE ADDED dropdown, select LAST YEAR. The soundcloud will only return tracks uploaded in the last year and no filtering required.

Otherwise SCM has to
scrape all results
for every track, scrape profile
for every profile pull most recent track check if < 365

which is a LOT more calls to make, when soundcloud provide this for you...

Doesn't explain your issue, still checking that, just tell you a better way to do what you want
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

Brillant bro!
That's what I wanted to do :) THank you!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

there was a bug saving the filter to the scrape action. This is now fixed, I'll let you know when the update is ready (probably uploaded some time later today)

Regards,
Martin
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

Well ok waiting for it
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

forgot yesterday. Will do soon :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

Ahh bro something is fu...ed up. When I use the artist filter, it gives me error (scraping user from track search):

' ERROR get track: Unable to cast object of type 'ScmDb.Database.BaseDbSearchFilterProfiles' to type 'ScmDb.Database.BaseDbSearchFilterTracks'.'

Logs: 75851

I use 'uploaded tracks in x days'. It's essential for me to use it in artist filter, because the type of artist I look for may have uploaded the track I'm searching for example two years ago, but still he could be uploading other tracks . I mean I want to find a profile, which is active, and have uploaded a track with specific term any time, even 5 years ago, but who uploaded recent track (whatever the track is) maximum in one year.

PS. While working on this, could you please also add functionality to 'send messages', the option, to send messages to the specific profile only once? That we could tick it if necessary. That would be also very helpful for me :)
EDIT: I see there is 'Message users once' , but anyways SCM used to send messages to the same user twice or 3 times ... so maybe it isn't working ? Dunno, I did DMs few months ago, now Im going back to that and will tell you if it works or not :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin