Most of the traffic came from Dublin

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
babe

Most of the traffic came from Dublin

Post by babe »

I sent comments that has shortened URL in it and I use google analytics to track them, there are bot traffic coming from Dublin with 100% bounce rate. Is this the SoundCloud Manager? I changed proxies provider before but didn't change the situation.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Most of the traffic came from Dublin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Nothing todo with SCM.

Perhaps SC check for spam links by following all posted links and the bot that follows them is based in dublin?
babe

Post by babe »

martin@rootjazz wrote:Nothing todo with SCM.

Perhaps SC check for spam links by following all posted links and the bot that follows them is based in dublin?
This sounds right, I tried using the direct link this time and no such thing occurred. Perhaps they track shortened URLs only?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I would imagine they do shortened URLs, it is a usual trick to try and bypass detection. IT is easy to detect http://never-heard-of.com. If a previously unseen URL is suddenly posted a lot, it can trigger spam protections. But posting a facebook / bit.ly type URL that many people will post will bypass that check, so they need to follow the 301/302 redirects to find out what the actual base URL is