Custom Search Questions/Other Questions

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
escapedpuma

Custom Search Questions/Other Questions

Post by escapedpuma »

Hi, and congratulations for your great software.

In the custom track search, I set it up like this:

Followers of
All users who interacted with any of artists tracks
All tracks of (double click->num of items 2)

track filter: "is pro account" checked

1. every time i choose the step "all track interactions" or "all users who interacted with any of artists tracks" [for whatever custom search i may try] it has a problem scraping and i get: "searchjsonresults:cannot scrape any more". Seems like a bug? Or am I doing something completely wrong? The previous setup works if i delete the "all users who interacted..." stage. Help?

2. Is it possible to start a custom search from multiple accounts' followers, tracks etc, providing a url list instead of one url? I mean creating one action...

3. How does SCM handle actions that are set up every X hours (lets say 24) when it is not running (if computer is off, for example)? Does it ignore the ones missed? In general, is it advised to have a dedicated machine just for Soundcloud Manager, always on? Is an online version of soundcloud manager technically possible and/or in your near future plans??

4. Could I download the documentation as pdf?

Thanks in advance for your attention and support
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Custom Search Questions/Other Questions

Post by martin@rootjazz »

there was a bug if you were on the latest version that got introduced in a recent release, that has been fixed and may "fix" your issue

https://soundcloudmanager.com/updatetesting.html
1. every time i choose the step "all track interactions" or "all users who interacted with any of artists tracks" [for whatever custom search i may try] it has a problem scraping and i get: "searchjsonresults:cannot scrape any more". Seems like a bug? Or am I doing something completely wrong? The previous setup works if i delete the "all users who interacted..." stage. Help?
If you have logs showing this, that would help *****
2. Is it possible to start a custom search from multiple accounts' followers, tracks etc, providing a url list instead of one url? I mean creating one action...
Not really. You can create multiple actions, by specifying a text file path containing each input profile URL though.

Also, your search is likely to return A LOT of results
Input profile URL:
all followers
all track interactions for all tracks of all followers
all tracks

if you are just trying to follow (say) 100 users, your search has a huge potential. Thus you may want to be limiting the results from each stage (you did mention you are limiting the last step: All tracks of (double click->num of items 2), but you may want to do it with each step

3. How does SCM handle actions that are set up every X hours (lets say 24) when it is not running (if computer is off, for example)? Does it ignore the ones missed? In general,
Your computer must be on the program must be running.

If you have an action scheduled for 25th Jan at 1000am and your machine is off, when you turn it on on the 26th Jan at midday, the action which was missed will run as the scheduled time has passed. Any action that was scheduled for the past will run.
is it advised to have a dedicated machine just for Soundcloud Manager, always on?

Is it advised? It depends on what you want to do. It may suit some users, but not others. An option is to rent a VPS web server in which you can run the program 24x7. A VPS is a remote machine you access and control via remote desktop, VNC

I recommend (and use myself)
https://rootjazz.com/vps

You would want at least the 1gb memory option (although 2gb is better) and can use the discount:

25% off (first payment)
rj25pcvps

Is an online version of soundcloud manager technically possible and/or in your near future plans??
Hopefully coming later this year as an additional service to the desktop apps. There is a benefit of having the app running on your desktop from a privacy point of view and for it to use your local IP
escapedpuma

Post by escapedpuma »

If you have logs showing this, that would help *****
Just submitted my logs for the problematic action. ID:69721...Please inform me if you see anything else than bug, while I'm checking with the latest version, thanks!
Any action that was scheduled for the past will run
Strange, I woke the machine up from sleep mode, after it had missed a scheduled action, but did not process it, it was in waiting mode...
Also, your search is likely to return A LOT of results
Input profile URL:
all followers
all track interactions for all tracks of all followers
all tracks
Ooohh, I mistakenly assumed that it would narrow down the followers of the input profile (A) only to those who interacted with A's tracks! But eitherways i had maximum likes to 25 with good random delays. Now it makes sense, thanks.

Thanks for all other info!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

escapedpuma wrote:Ooohh, I mistakenly assumed that it would narrow down the followers of the input profile (A) only to those who interacted with A's tracks! But eitherways i had maximum likes to 25 with good random delays. Now it makes sense, thanks.!
Each step is separate, so it will scrape the followers
then loop the followers to the get the next step
etc etc

It will do it's best to try and work out what you want, but there is no way to know whether you want a max results of 100 if that is:

1 follower, 1 track , 1 interaction, 100 tacks from that user (assuming they have 100 tracks)
or 100 followers, 1 track of, 1 interaction, 1 track of

or something in the middle, hence the ability to specify exactly
10 followers, 1 track of 5 interactions, 2 tracks of
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

escapedpuma wrote:Strange, I woke the machine up from sleep mode, after it had missed a scheduled action, but did not process it, it was in waiting mode...!

Might have been something to do with waking from sleep mode, as opposed to be started fresh so that the processor didn't recheck itself, but you can force it by upping the threads by 1, which should kick the next action to run, then decrease it
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

and your logs do indicate there is a bug, am checking now.

The bug is with the filter. Something is going wrong and it is trying to force a trackfilter to be a profilefilter.

Will get it fixed and let you know when an update is ready

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

going to take a bit longer than planned to fix this, I think I have found an bigger issue with custom searching in SCM, unfortunately I am away most the day today, so unlikely to get a fix today.

If you want to get on, perform your search WITHOUT a filter, that should work.

Then if you want to filter the final results, you can do so in an extra step via the FILTER tab.

Or if you can run a normal search (NOT custom search) then that should work without a filter
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

https://soundcloudmanager.com/updatetesting.html

is working with custom search and filters with my tests
escapedpuma

Post by escapedpuma »

hello! thank you for fixing this. it seems the filter bug has gone now ;)

Another thing i noticed. Don't know if this was also a previous thing but:
i set:
all tracks of
all track interactions
all tracks of

1. When i double click and narrow the first "all tracks" step to (say) 5, the other "all tracks" step at the bottom also changes to 5. And vice versa. is this normal?
2. does inserting a file path to urllist.txt work in custom search? here doesn't...i mean, even to creating multiple actions...
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

escapedpuma wrote:hello! thank you for fixing this. it seems the filter bug has gone now ;)

Another thing i noticed. Don't know if this was also a previous thing but:
i set:
all tracks of
all track interactions
all tracks of

1. When i double click and narrow the first "all tracks" step to (say) 5, the other "all tracks" step at the bottom also changes to 5. And vice versa. is this normal?
yes, is a bug, I noticed it myself yesterday. Haven't fix it yet, will do early next week. Basically if you have the same step multiple times, they cannot have different numResults values for some reason.
2. does inserting a file path to urllist.txt work in custom search? here doesn't...i mean, even to creating multiple actions...

It probably should, but maybe it doesn't :) What tab are you on? follow tab or scrape tab or somewhere else?