99.9% fails when liking tracks

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
smelv

99.9% fails when liking tracks

Post by smelv »

I'm new here and purchased this software just days ago. I'm trying to like tracks with the tag "trap" that have 500 plays or less, and in 4 days or so I've only had about 10 successful likes, and all the rest have failed. Ive tried 1, 2, 10 and 50 threads all with the same result. What am I doing wrong here?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: 99.9% fails when liking tracks

Post by martin@rootjazz »

firstly, if you are doing 50 threads you are doing it wrong. If you think about it, it is like having 50 of you logged into soundcloud of 50 machines trying to like. IT isn't realistically and could be why you are not able to like (soundcloud blocking you).

But without more details, it is hard to say what exactly is going on.

Please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. It just helps me understand your issue without having to investigate just to figure out what the issue thus giving more time to solve the issue and carry on improving the programs. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you :)

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

Regards,
Martin
smelv

Post by smelv »

Well, I only tried 50 threads after using 1 and 2 threads for several days with all fails...I figured more threads would improve results...which it did very slightly...as with 50 threads it liked about 5 tracks over the course of an entire day. SoundCloud hasn't blocked me because I am able to like tracks manually...and I don't see how SoundCloud would block me if it's failing to like 99.9% of the likes. I'll read the post you pasted

martin@rootjazz wrote:firstly, if you are doing 50 threads you are doing it wrong. If you think about it, it is like having 50 of you logged into soundcloud of 50 machines trying to like. IT isn't realistically and could be why you are not able to like (soundcloud blocking you).

But without more details, it is hard to say what exactly is going on.

Please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. It just helps me understand your issue without having to investigate just to figure out what the issue thus giving more time to solve the issue and carry on improving the programs. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you :)

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Even if the likes fail, there are still many calls you make to SC servers before the like, so you are doing those 50 at a time, it is not normal behaviour and MAY be a footprint SC check for. I say *may* as no one knows, but if you want to try it, then by all means :)

Please perform the following:

Open the program. Delete or pause all existing actions. If actions are already running due to autorun on startup, disable autorun at startup and restart the app. All actions must be waiting, then pause all (or delete)

Delete existing logs
HELP > LOGS > VIEW
delete all files in the folder that opens

Perform the action:
attempt to create a like action:
max likes: 10
run it

PLEASE NOTE: Do not perform other actions at the same time. Only use one thread. Do not run any actions after this action.

Then submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

and let me know the LOGS ID (just the number part is sufficient)

Regards,
Martin
smelv

Post by smelv »

It seems to work if I don't use a filter....but I want to only like tracks that have less than 500 plays...that's when I'm seeing fails. I can upload the logs
martin@rootjazz wrote:Even if the likes fail, there are still many calls you make to SC servers before the like, so you are doing those 50 at a time, it is not normal behaviour and MAY be a footprint SC check for. I say *may* as no one knows, but if you want to try it, then by all means :)

Please perform the following:

Open the program. Delete or pause all existing actions. If actions are already running due to autorun on startup, disable autorun at startup and restart the app. All actions must be waiting, then pause all (or delete)

Delete existing logs
HELP > LOGS > VIEW
delete all files in the folder that opens

Perform the action:
attempt to create a like action:
max likes: 10
run it

PLEASE NOTE: Do not perform other actions at the same time. Only use one thread. Do not run any actions after this action.

Then submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

and let me know the LOGS ID (just the number part is sufficient)

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Is it a fail or an ignore?

But without the logs is hard to say exactly what is happening. So if you could run a test action adn submit logs I can check it out
smelv

Post by smelv »

the logs are 27217
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

the logs should be clear, the filter is filtering all tracks.

Look at the search you are performing on soundcloud. tags.

This is a popular list, so you are getting popular tracks with a tag. Tracks that were upload a while ago. Thus they all must have more than 500 plays, otherwise they would not appear on "popular tracks with X tag"

If you want to find tracks with a tag with out many plays, do an advanced search of

search: (leave it empty)
Genre: rap
uploaded: last week (or last day / or last hour)

by applying the search parameter "uploaded date" of less than a week, you are likely to find many tracks with <500 plays